I need a safe

This one was in Woburn, MA

I know Nashua NH had them in stock, unsure on the price. You could call and ask about the price

Last edited:
Hell of a deal at that price ($297)...
Sentry Executive Safe

Model: E5251-T

Features:

14 long gun maximum capacity
3-number combination lock with lever handle
Solid steel, pry-resistant door
3 steel live-locking bolts/3 dead bolts
Concealed hinges
Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack
Deep ash gray carpeted interior
Ammo box with separate key
4 Adjustable interior configurations
Flush floor for easy access
Floor compartment
Door back organizational hooks
Bungee organizational system
Color: Pewter with chrome hardware
Suggested Retail Price: $835

Hell of a deal at that price ($297)...
Sentry Executive Safe

Model: E5251-T

Features:

14 long gun maximum capacity
3-number combination lock with lever handle
Solid steel, pry-resistant door
3 steel live-locking bolts/3 dead bolts
Concealed hinges
Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack
Deep ash gray carpeted interior
Ammo box with separate key
4 Adjustable interior configurations
Flush floor for easy access
Floor compartment
Door back organizational hooks
Bungee organizational system
Color: Pewter with chrome hardware
Suggested Retail Price: $835

I just picked up this safe today, not many left as I had to go to 3 stores, 0 left at woburn, 0 at saugus, 1 at Danvers (which I grabbed). The $297 price is legit at all stores. Also used a $25 off $250 card I got in the mail. Total price w/tax $285.60. [laugh2]

I just picked up this safe today, not many left as I had to go to 3 stores, 0 left at woburn, 0 at saugus, 1 at Danvers (which I grabbed). The $297 price is legit at all stores. Also used a $25 off $250 card I got in the mail. Total price w/tax $285.60. [laugh2]

well I'm glad I "forgot" to stop bye the Woburn store on my back today.

rooks rike I'll just wait another couple weeks [laugh]

The computer showed the that price was good till the 10/21/08. there were some stores in the south that each showed 2 on hand, dedham comes to mind.

yeah... it's all good.

i'll wait. i have plenty of room inside the stack on. once i get a better safe, i'm going to have sell the old one or get a storage unit since i'm out of closet space [frown]

Go back and get a refund for the sales tax. Gun safes are tax exempt in MA.

got the part of the Mass DOR regulations that gun safes are exempt?

There is no doubt it is a gun safe just by Sentry's description online and the configuration of the shelving

BTW thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and saved us some big bucks

Man, and I thought I got a deal when I picked it up for $360. Oh well, that was 2 1/2 year ago :D

You'd be surprised at how quickly the safe gets filled up. I only keep 6 handguns in there, but after all the ammo, important documents, wife's jewelry, my sport's memorablia, etc.., it gets packed real fast. I'd estimate my safe to be close to 400lbs+ fillled. Good luck to anyone trying to navigate through my narrow corridors and haul it up a flight of stairs from my basement.

I do recommend you get some sort of added protection to guard against rust though. It's cheap and offers peace of mind for your investment.

I have outgrown my Pro Steel safe and need another. Is this sale over when the stores run out or do they intend to restock prior to the end date? I shop at Lowe's in Woburn on a regular basis (I just got back) and can't believe I missed this sale.

got the part of the Mass DOR regulations that gun safes are exempt?

There is no doubt it is a gun safe just by Sentry's description online and the configuration of the shelving

BTW thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and saved us some big bucks

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=dorterm...content&f=dor_rul_reg_tir_tir_99_19&csid=Ador
Sales of commercial gun safes and trigger lock devices
The Act creates a new sales and use tax exemption for commercial gun safes and trigger lock devices. St. 1999, c. 127, § 92 (to be codified at G.L. c. 64H, § 6 (rr)). This provision will apply to sales on or after January 1, 2000. St. 1999, c. 127, § 383.

Here's the MGL Chp 64H S 6

Go back and get a refund for the sales tax. Gun safes are tax exempt in MA.

here is the wording of the MGLs dealing with this:

Chapter 64H: Section 6. Exemptions
Section 6. The following sales and the gross receipts therefrom shall be exempt from the tax imposed by this chapter:-

(rr) Sales of commercial gun safes and trigger lock devices.

So, the point of contention is the word "commercial". Does it mean commercial use or commercially build? IF the former, then no, they aren't in terms of a personal gun collection. If the latter, then yes. Some places will sell you the gun safe without sales tax, others wont remove the sales tax. Depends on the place, and given our state's infinite wisdom, the law is not clear. So, yes, technically they are, but some places don't buy it.

Is it just gun safes? This is marked as an 'executive safe'...

I posted the relative MGL above, and my response to JonJ, so ask the place their stance on it, and if they dont budge, go elsewhere. FWIW, Bass Pro gave me the safe I bought as a tax exempt item. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom