I need modivation...anyone training for next season?

PMD

Just checking to see if any of you action shooting guys have been training this winter for next season (steel, IPSC..) - well, actually winter IPSC starts this month!

I've been bogged down with work and family and have not spent any quality time on the range or any time dry firing time in the basement.

I have made a few trips to the range for load development - but that's about it.

So what have you been doing?
Hopefully your answers will modivate me to get out and get some trigger time.

Paul

I have been trying the heal up so I can play this year. So far things are looking up. Looking for the right handgun that the arthritis, that is ever growing, will allow my fingers to work. (Still working on revolvers but the new M&P may be the gun this season.) Had some shots in my knees ( Three in each, looks promising)

As for shooting, I am doing a lot of dry firing on three targets in the cellar doing transitions as that is my weakest point. I plan to shoot an outdoor match every month this winter and will not be doing indoor shoots to avoid the lead and sinus trouble of last year. (It's hell to get old)

Next match Sunday 01-07 Bass River usual time//No classifier// weather permitting watch the NE USPSA site for cancellation. Tim sent out an e mail the other day.

Happy new year,

I have been shooting at Harvard every Wed night for practice and dry firing during the week, working on transitions, reloads and draws.

Come out Harvard

My wife and I are just getting settled in our house so time has been scarce. When I do get to the range I shoot a lot and try to make it quality practice (transitions, transitions, transitions). Other than dabbling with rifle reloading, partly to avoid pistol burn-out, I'm not messing with anything other than my open guns (no front sights). I felt sidetracked with other stuff last season.

Physical training is not happening, my back and neck still hurt from the car accident in the September.

I have been shooting at Harvard every Wed night for practice and dry firing during the week, working on transitions, reloads and draws.

Come out Harvard
+1, I haven't been practicing at home due to pain in my hands and shoulders from a combination of work and reloading. It's getting better with three Ibuprofen tablets a day, should be back to normal soon. Even on an indoor range you can practice shooting on the move and transitions.

Practice

I don't have time for practice. I barely have enough time to cast and lubrisize bullets and make cartridges. I try to get out to the Grafton County Fish & Game Association in West Lebanon, NH on weekends.

Back
Top Bottom