I need some lube

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

Yes, get the lulz in. I wrote lube. Har-dee-har-har.

Specifically, I'm looking for Briley Unilube. Because the stuff's worth $3.95, I'd prefer to buy some in-person rather than buy some online and pay for shipping. Anyone know of a shop that carries Briley Unilube in RI or Mass?

I didn’t know chokes needed lubed until today!

What makes this lube so awesome?

I didn’t know chokes needed lubed until today!

What makes this lube so awesome?

Yes, choke tubes are supposed to be lubed. Keeping choke tube threads lubed and finger tight helps prevent them from coming loose and being launched downrange, in addition to making screwing and unscrewing the chokes easier and protecting the threads. Chokes that aren't lubed can get stuck in guns if someone always shoots the same choke and never takes it out for maintenance. Briley Unilube is supposed to do a great job at keeping chokes secure yet not stuck in the gun.

I have Yamalube, but I'd prefer to not have to carry the tub of that around in my range toolbox or on hunting trips. The Briley Unilube is in my Amazon cart if I can't find it locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, choke tubes are supposed to be lubed. Keeping choke tube threads lubed and finger tight helps prevent them from coming loose and being launched downrange, in addition to making screwing and unscrewing the chokes easier and protecting the threads. Chokes that aren't lubed can get stuck in guns if someone always shoots the same choke and never takes it out for maintenance. Briley Unilube is supposed to do a great job at keeping chokes secure yet not stuck in the gun.

I have Yamalube, but I'd prefer to not have to carry the tub of that around in my range toolbox or on hunting trips. The Briley Unilube is in my Amazon cart if I can't find it locally.

For the cost of shipping I’ll send you a brand new unused Unilube sized container of the same design to fill with Yamalube.

Back
Top Bottom