I need to join a club, Southern NH

I feel like I won the Academy Award. Last night I saw an email from Londonderry asking me to login and create my member profile. I am now waiting for the orientation dates so I can enjoy a great club.
But...

THE WAIT LIST HAS BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY- PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL US ABOUT GETTING ON THE WAIT LIST BECAUSE YOUR EMAILS WILL GO UNANSWERED. RIGHT NOW WE ARE AT CAPACITY WITH 1500 MEMBERS AND OVER 500 PEOPLE ON THE WAIT LIST. CURRENTLY THERE IS NO PATH TO MEMBERSHIP AT LFGC.

They have several ranges but each range requires a separate written test and shooting qualification; typically scheduled once per month during the summer.
This is very much in line with what I have heard about the place.
Chester is doing this. It's a hassle. I can only guess they're trying to reduce their membership through bureaucracy.

I feel like I won the Academy Award. Last night I saw an email from Londonderry asking me to login and create my member profile. I am now waiting for the orientation dates so I can enjoy a great club.
Congrats! That club would be the closest to me but saw the crazy waitlist and said thats unlikely to happen.

Anyone care to share the issues with Pelham club publically or in DM? I was a member back in 2011-2014 or so. My son being born kept me away from shooting but Pelham serves me the best for what Im interested in. I was looking to join back but would like to hear of the state of the club. Loved it then. Was quiet, orderly, and no crazy RSO's running around.

After you join, give me a shout when you go there to shoot. I've yet to shoot there even though I'm a member. Moving is a royal PITA.

Lucky! I've been wanting to join for over a year. My FFL is also a member, but as far as I know there's no way to "cut the line." So I guess I'll just wait indefinitely and cross my fingers. I wish I could at least get on the wait list.

My Wife has been on the wait list for ~1.5 yrs. She received the "are you still interested" Email a month or so ago, but no invite to join this year. Probably next year is my guess.

The same email showed up in my inbox on Tuesday! You have no idea how fast I created my member profile and paid the dues 😄 Now I'm waiting for the orientation dates too. We're probably going to be in the same orientation.

I got on the wait list on 12/17/2019. Got the "are you still interested in becoming a member" email on 1/1/2021. Never thought this day would come.

My Wife has been on the wait list for ~1.5 yrs. She received the "are you still interested" Email a month or so ago, but no invite to join this year. Probably next year is my guess.
I got my "are you still interested" email around the same time too so... hopefully her chance to join isn't too far off.

Well this is odd. I got on the wait list in March 2019. Got the email on 1/1/21, renewed NRA and answered it immediately.

Emailed them at the beginning of the week to see if my "are you still interested" went through because they said they would let people know around 1/15/21. No response.

Bummer

The same email showed up in my inbox on Tuesday! You have no idea how fast I created my member profile and paid the dues 😄 Now I'm waiting for the orientation dates too. We're probably going to be in the same orientation.

I got on the wait list on 12/17/2019. Got the "are you still interested in becoming a member" email on 1/1/2021. Never thought this day would come.
When I hadn't heard anything by mid January I thought I I had missed my chance again. Hanwei, if we can get into the same orientation class, it will be good to see you again.

Thanks, but those invites only go out once each year. IIRC, she joined the waitlist in November 2019.
Gotcha. Now I feel bad.

Well this is odd. I got on the wait list in March 2019. Got the email on 1/1/21, renewed NRA and answered it immediately.

Emailed them at the beginning of the week to see if my "are you still interested" went through because they said they would let people know around 1/15/21. No response.

Bummer
Yup. Now I feel worse. No idea why I was given the opportunity to become a member before you and Len's wife 🤷‍♂️

When I hadn't heard anything by mid January I thought I I had missed my chance again. Hanwei, if we can get into the same orientation class, it will be good to see you again.
Agreed. Look forward to seeing you again!

Last edited:
Anyone care to share the issues with Pelham club publically or in DM? I was a member back in 2011-2014 or so. My son being born kept me away from shooting but Pelham serves me the best for what Im interested in. I was looking to join back but would like to hear of the state of the club. Loved it then. Was quiet, orderly, and no crazy RSO's running around.
It’s still as you remember it. They added a slew of pistol only action ranges since 2014 which are great.

I like Pelham a lot. Lots of space, easy to nab an action range. Nobody has ever bothered me & im not sure why someone said they’d “violate you for taking pictures.” I’ve taken plenty there.

Gotcha. Now I feel bad.

Yup. Now I feel worse. No idea why I was given to opportunity to become a member before you and Len's wife 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. Look forward to seeing you again!
Don't feel bad. It is what it is. Actually, the only reason that I want my Wife to join is so that she isn't considered a guest (yes, family members count) when I invite my former boss and former co-worker plus their wives to join me. Otherwise, my Wife will only go there to shoot with me. She was a member of Braintree R&P for ~15 yrs and Mansfield F&G for 4 years and never went there by herself.

Don't feel bad. It is what it is. Actually, the only reason that I want my Wife to join is so that she isn't considered a guest (yes, family members count) when I invite my former boss and former co-worker plus their wives to join me. Otherwise, my Wife will only go there to shoot with me. She was a member of Braintree R&P for ~15 yrs and Mansfield F&G for 4 years and never went there by herself.
Makes sense. How busy is the club on the weekends? I'm used to Harvard Sportsmen Club where you have to be smart about when you go to avoid tons of people.

...I’m not sure why someone said they’d “violate you for taking pictures.” I’ve taken plenty there.
You can take pictures, but if you post them online and the board finds them, they will revoke your membership. Why? Because it is against the rules. It is in the rule book, which you can read for yourself after you have spent almost $300 to join.

You can take pictures, but if you post them online and the board finds them, they will revoke your membership. Why? Because it is against the rules. It is in the rule book, which you can read for yourself after you have spent almost $300 to join.

i have read it, I’m a member. Never saw that rule in the book, can you point me to it? I’ve never had nor heard of anyone have a problem with pictures being posted online. Perhaps someone’s membership was revoked because they posted a picture of themselves doing something retarded on the range. They have pictures of the ranges on their own website, so I guess they ruined their own secret.

I’ve never had a single issue in my many years of membership, & can recommend joining.

Makes sense. How busy is the club on the weekends? I'm used to Harvard Sportsmen Club where you have to be smart about when you go to avoid tons of people.
I have yet to make use of my membership, so no idea. There are a number of ranges, so likely you can find a space somewhere there. I got a tour on a weekday afternoon and there were only a couple of shooters on one range, all the rest were empty.

After reading much of this thread , and completely laughing at the "profanity" rules , I've been reminded of how many of Massachusetts liberals have flocked to NH ( and yes I live in Mass). The type of characters I speak of , are the ones who buy property next to farms , and then complain that the farms smell like shit............ Lol Long story short , liberals ruin everything

4.25 Profanity: Profanity at the range is in very poor taste and is discouraged.
Yeah, no. If I shoot four rounds into a nice group, and my last one is a flyer, you gonna hear it. I call myself names that would make a retired sailor blush.

Is the no public posting of photos rule limited to photos of people, as in other members? There are woke employers that would fire someone who showed up in a photo with a firearm. Because extremists and terrorists you know. And hate. But above all, unity.

I have yet to make use of my membership, so no idea. There are a number of ranges, so likely you can find a space somewhere there. I got a tour on a weekday afternoon and there were only a couple of shooters on one range, all the rest were empty.
Sounds good. Thanks Len!

It has been a couple of years since I dropped my membership and disposed of my rule book.
The rule was in my rule book. It was also explained in painful detail during briefings prior to every USPSA match. Maybe the logic of the board was they didn’t want to show people running and gunning on their range. There was no explaination why the rule was put in place, just no photos or videos allowed,

... They have pictures of the ranges on their own website, so I guess they ruined their own secret.
Yes there are pictures of the ranges posted, just the ranges. There are no pictures of anyone using the ranges. And if I recall, there are only one or two general pictures for each discipline/activity.

It has been a couple of years since I dropped my membership and disposed of my rule book.
The rule was in my rule book. It was also explained in painful detail during briefings prior to every USPSA match. Maybe the logic of the board was they didn’t want to show people running and gunning on their range. There was no explaination why the rule was put in place, just no photos or videos allowed,

I can’t find it in my rule book. Perhaps this was a USPSA event issue. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom