• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I REALLY thought I’d hate a Glock 45

I thought that was the the 19x? Lol

I’m so lost.
If I’m not mistaken the 19X was their attempt at a military contract, coyote in color and has a lanyard loop (removable) at the base of the grip.

I picked up a G45 over the summer and it really is a very nice pistol. Only difference I know of is color (black), no silly lanyard loop, and came already cut w/2-3 mounting plates for an RMR.

no silly lanyard loop

I say chap, lanyards are a perfectly reasonable piece of kit whether you're in the bush or the desert.
SBdoube.jpg
320c0c91269c9080ba3ea74358c9916d.jpg

Harumph.

Also good for choking out the guy using one.
Seems like a problem that can be solved by shooting whoever's doing the choking ;)

Of course, I'm the type that would manage to tangle it in my sling and choke myself out. Worst of all, it'll be on a "covert mission" to my mom's fridge for a Sunny D.

Best.epitaph.ever.

If I’m not mistaken the 19X was their attempt at a military contract, coyote in color and has a lanyard loop (removable) at the base of the grip.

I picked up a G45 over the summer and it really is a very nice pistol. Only difference I know of is color (black), no silly lanyard loop, and came already cut w/2-3 mounting plates for an RMR.

The 19x is like a gen 4.5 from what I understand. G45 is full gen 5

Nope the 19x has a stupid thing in the front of the grip that won't allow it to take gen5 mags i believe because they have a slightly bigger baseplate.

I won't buy one because of it I'm not trying to dick around with my mags like that

Had a G17 gen 4 and a G19 gen2. The G45 is the best of both worlds.

Attachments

• A9BEDBBE-2214-4D22-B581-D993E403A86A.jpeg
    A9BEDBBE-2214-4D22-B581-D993E403A86A.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 15

😆 I know a tanker 1LT who wishes he had a lanyard attached to his M9.

Ever seen an officer get the ever loving shit smoked out of them?

I’ve been content with my gen 3 19’s & 17’s until I recently cerakoted a buddy’s 45 fde. It feels pretty damn good in my 2xl hands. I’m doing the heroin scratch like crazy now.

😆 I know a tanker 1LT who wishes he had a lanyard attached to his M9.

Ever seen an officer get the ever loving shit smoked out of them?
That’s awesome. We had a brand new butter bar that lost his rifle during a river crossing (training). That poor bastard took so much heat for not dummy cording it before hitting the ropes he should’ve melted on the spot. Took about 10 guys in the water and several hours to recover it. It’s been ages but I’m pretty sure he got DX’d for that and sent down the road.

I've got a Sig 229 that is essentially the same idea when you put a mag in it with the extended floorplate. Is absolutely one of my favorites, that little bit off the barrel makes a full size feel kinda archaic. Mines in .40 and holds 14, believe the 9mm holds 17 that way.

Never been a big Glock fan but warmed up to them and have bought a couple, went for a 19 gen5 before a 45 or 19x though because I wanted a lighter and smaller carry, ie a little smaller and lighter than my 229. Certainly could see myself owning a 45 too, big difference in a free state where capacity isn't an issue, not sure I would be so interested otherwise, but ergonomics matter and a full size handle with a shorter barrel seems to have its benefits.

We had a brand new butter bar that lost his rifle during a river crossing (training).
A guy in my club was OOD or something on a submarine docked at Groton
when a deck sentry dropped his sidearm during handover at end of watch.

<Bounce><BounceBounce><BounceBounceBounce><Splash>

He says the paperwork was endless...

Last edited:
I've got a Sig 229 that is essentially the same idea when you put a mag in it with the extended floorplate. Is absolutely one of my favorites, that little bit off the barrel makes a full size feel kinda archaic. Mines in .40 and holds 14, believe the 9mm holds 17 that way.

Never been a big Glock fan but warmed up to them and have bought a couple, went for a 19 gen5 before a 45 or 19x though because I wanted a lighter and smaller carry, ie a little smaller and lighter than my 229. Certainly could see myself owning a 45 too, big difference in a free state where capacity isn't an issue, not sure I would be so interested otherwise, but ergonomics matter and a full size handle with a shorter barrel seems to have its benefits.

Yep. While I really like the G45 my most accurate handgun for me is a Sig 229 as well. Just points well for me.

You must be on a iPhone and can't read my sig line.
They are all there for sale on my sig line...

A lot of bumps on that classified

Yep. While I really like the G45 my most accurate handgun for me is a Sig 229 as well. Just points well for me.
i was just shooting shadow2 against g34 yesterday - from 12yds - it is 10 shots in there. glocks have no issues with accuracy. just choose which form factor works better for your hand.
set it with a flat face trigger and a '-' connector. or at least use a sandpaper on a stock trigger safety to level it with the face of the trigger - and accuracy will improve.

1614461280484.png

Well so you don't think I'm a hater I have a Glock 30SF. I love the thing. But I like my 1911 better. Oh and I can hit a coke can at 50 yards all day with my S&W compact pro all day.

Back
Top Bottom