• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think I need a 2a lawyer ,and would appreciate any suggestions.

There is a Saugus River?
I can only imagine what that's like.
Starting in Wakefield at Lake Quannapowitt up near the gas station next to the Ginger Bread Construction Company (that ditch next to the gas station is the Saugus River.... it winds down to Rt 128 and Reedy Meadow, over to Pleasure Island Rd and the old Colonial Golf Course ( being a Federal Waterway you can hunt ducks from a canoe along P.I. Road) then it goes under 128 running between Walton Street Wakefield and Kimball Lane Lynnfield, crossing under Water Street (Rt 129) at the Wakefield Saugus line.... it meanders along in back of the Voke, the Golf Course.... makes its way over to The Saugus Iron Works site where Ships used to come that far up river to get loaded, then along Hamilton Street crossing under Boston Street ( a huge choke point) over near the old Spuds Restaurant then it heads along Ballard Street, flowing under the bridge on Rt 107 at the end of Ballard St.... where it heads out to open water.

saug riv.png

Last edited:
(Never met or corresponded with him, but) there is a thread in here
where someone who shot in the same competition with him
(shotgun, steel challenge, bullseye - I don't remember)
said he was nothing but pleasant, meek, mild, considerate, etc.

Having been primed with that trip report,
I'm not shocked to read that he's also had
a professional demeanor on the job.
Fans can listen to Attorney Keith Langer on Toby Leary's "Rapid Fire" radio show. He's a semi-regular guest there.

There is a Saugus River?
I can only imagine what that's like.
Used to keep my boat on the Saugus river. It's pretty big in some areas. Go in between Revere and Nahant under the Gen. Edwards Bridge. The old Warf Restaurant was on the Saugus River, also Jacob's Ladder. And there is a public launching ramp. Lots of private marinas too.

Scriv can be an AH but if he's working for you he's your AH. Meanwhile you can be the nice guy. Speaking from experience. But @nstassel can pull off some serious Jedi shit. So they have different approaches. Both good choices for 2a stuff.
My 'nice' attorney at my 'dangerous hearing' so utterly destroyed the prosecutor's case in his 1 hour rebuttal that even the police were nervous around him and changing their testimony; I quote, "One assault rifle", that was puzzling as I had none, he was referring to my .17HMR Volguartsen target rifle with a bull barrel. The 2nd time around, that same day during cross, the LEO he dropped the words assault rifle as it was a dodgy trick. In the end most in the courtroom thought the case was contrived BS, including the Judge, but the wheels of injustice ground on for another 20 months.

I observed this about the nice approach, very effective when used at the appropriate time. But my legal tiger had turned to lamb when he and the DA got together, for the next 20 months. Exactly 1 year after I was arrested I was in court for renewal of restraining order. The Judge asked her if she was afraid of me "Yes", she said. The Judge then said, "There is nothing in MGL that says I have to grant this restraining order, motion denied. So he had to know the Judge was 100% sure of her call. Another day a male Judge blurted out in court, "Why are you persecuting this man" to no one in particular...lol Cops lost the evidence...lol, sure they did it was photoshopped. In short the DA's were trying to get me to cop to a plea...any plea 😂

It was only when I understood that in-order to save myself I had to take my fate into my own hands. In short I know The PD's and the Courts regularly use photographic metadata to prosecute crime; But apparently they don't bother to use forensic tools it to free you if you're innocent.

So for the life of me I can't understand why my attorney felt the need not piss-off the DA's when what they were doing was clearly sketchy .

I do want to thank all that pulled for me on NES and my friends who did so much to free me.

Fans can listen to Attorney Keith Langer on Toby Leary's "Rapid Fire" radio show. He's a semi-regular guest there.
I didn't know that, but @Cape Gun Works certainly name-drops A.K.L. as one of his shortlist gun lawyers
when he has an hour on Grace's show every week. So I can't say as how I'm surprised to learn that.

Okay I know I'm posting multiple times on the same subject but your attorney is not going to get an assistant district attorney to drop the case because they are buddies. The bad thing that happens in those situations is that they agree to a continued without a finding and a continued without a finding will hang around your neck like an albatross. Judges aren't going to do an attorney a favor by cutting somebody loose that doesn't happen anymore at least with the general public you have to be very well connected yourself to get that sort of influence. I got jammed up once on a b******* charge and I had quite a bit of influence myself unfortunately the cop that wanted to hang my ass had an equal amount of pull. It took nine continuances before we get up before we judge that we could influence and the cop couldn't and I will tell you right now it was a b******* charge that I was not guilty of
Correct - because a CWOF counts as a win for the ADA. It is the one thing that frequently mitigates the misdafelony burden.

Correct - because a CWOF counts as a win for the ADA. It is the one thing that frequently mitigates the misdafelony burden.
Rob, does a CWOF make someone a PP if the crime that is continued with out a finding carried up to the 18month threshold of the “misdafelony”?

Rob, does a CWOF make someone a PP if the crime that is continued with out a finding carried up to the 18month threshold of the “misdafelony”?
I'll help out.
No, a CWOF does not make you Fed PP, it becomes a dismissal when you successfully complete it. You do have to wait until it becomes a dismissal.

Having said the, it does become a favorite for a suitability denial in MA. This is dependent on the town. My own informal survey seemed to indicate a CWOF was less a reason for a suitability denial the further west you go. Inside 128 almost definitely, inside 495 very likely, anything west of Worcester didn't seem to care. But that's just me asking around.

(Never met or corresponded with him, but) there is a thread in here
where someone who shot in the same competition with him
(shotgun, steel challenge, bullseye - I don't remember)
said he was nothing but pleasant, meek, mild, considerate, etc.

Having been primed with that trip report,
I'm not shocked to read that he's also had
a professional demeanor on the job.
Not sure if that was me but it could have been. He is extremely intelligent and nice to deal with on a personal level, however he does not suffer fools lightly.
He is on my phone as the #1 person to contact in any type of firearms/2A issue.

Not sure i agree with that. As i have gotten older i have found smart people tend to get further using honey. Speaking generally of course. Every situation has its exceptions.
Truth be told my Attorney was brilliant during cross, at my dangerousness hearing; but as the case dragged on he seemingly went to coma and I had to due the thinking for the both of us. One year after my swatting the Judge threw out the courtroom on the anniversary of the restraining order deny her "as no foundation in law", that my friend is in poker parlance a 'tell'. The case became a standing joke in the courthouse even the cops couldn't hide their smirking. But he did nothing.....The last straw was I took re-possesion of my house and her Green Card had come in my mail, cuz she left no forwarding address, I had in the past delivered documents by hand to her Attorney. But my man Godfrey told me sent it to him and he re-mailed it to the same Attorney and charged me $900 for the stamp. I'll take a raging bull Attorney any day at least you know where you stand....Phew rant over

Back
Top Bottom