I was suprised and happy.

Ok, so I posted this in the Businesses that Support the Troops thread...

But I was really impressed.

We went to ship quite a bit of stuff to Nicolle's Brother who's over in Iraq.

I've always used this UPS store because you don't have to pack anything. Just walk in with loose stuff and put in on the counter, give them an address, pay and leave. Easy Peasy.

Well, we dropped off all the stuff expecting to pay somewhere around 20 bucks or so. Normal for shipping and having them pack it all up nice and safe.

Well, we drop of all this stuff. A small tree, some candy canes, orniments for the small tree, cookies, cards, pictures, drawings from our niece...it was quite a bit of stuff.

We are talking to the owners that are in there while the kids that work there (don't think that they are thier kids, just worker kids) are getting all the stuff ready. The total comes to 8 bucks.

I'm confused and said that that seems pretty cheap as I've shipped things there before and they are always somewhere between 12-30 bucks.

The owner turns around and says, "We cover all the materials and packing, you just pay the postage. It's our way to Support the Troops." Then the other kid across the store yells out, "God Love 'em!"

I almost teared up...don't know why but it was really cool. I said thank you very much, that's really great. And I asked him if all the UPS Stores are doing this. He said that he didn't know, but that him and his wife wanted do that for the families. Didn't matter that it was Christmas, they are doing this for all the troops until they come home.

I let him know that I know quite a few people that will go out of thier way to do business with owners that are making an effort to support the troops.

He said to let them know.

The UPS Store # 3645
11 ROBERT TONER BLVD,, STE 5
NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA 02763-1156 - USA
Phone: (508)643-7333

Lynne said:
That is so nice of them! Wish I lived closer to there, I'd use them.
If you've got one close to you, tell them about this store and ask if they'll do the same.

JonJ said:
Lynne said:
If you've got one close to you, tell them about this store and ask if they'll do the same.

I may just do that Jon - good idea. The one that's closest to me is in Plaistow, NH.

C-pher said:
JonJ said:
Lynne said:

That's a good point. These UPS stores are all over the place. And it can't hurt to ask.
Kind of puts them on the spot. How could they say "No"?

Back
Top Bottom