Ice fishing holster

bigpick

NES Member
So I'm a pretty avid ice fisherman and was wondering what others used for a holster to carry while out there if you do. I wear thermals under my ice fishing suit so nothing to clip that to, no belt etc. I picked up a comfort tac and it seems pretty comfortable and holds the weight of the gun well but getting it out of the holster isn't all that quick. I don't really want to pocket carry something in case it pops out and down the hole it goes. Plenty of layers so concealing won't be an issue just trying to get ideas. Any ice fishing guys or gals like to chime in and let me know what works for you?

Shoulder rig. Put it on right over your coveralls or whatever you mean by ice fishing suit. Wear a jacket over it.

I would be afraid of carrying while ice fishing.
My hands are usually so cold that I might accidentally shoot my auger off![rofl]

The only reason to carry would be for protection from the four legged kind..

I swear to god I wear so many layers of clothing that I could stop a 50 BMG round![smile]

Tips up![grin]

PS. I also don't carry if I may have been drinking...[laugh]

Last edited:
http://www.fleececorner.com/home.php?cat=253

That's what I mean by ice fishing suit. The Arctic Armor plus green and black suit. Shoulder rig, any good suggestions on one?

- - - Updated - - -

Silly me. I thought Ice Fishing was a drinking sport. At least that's what my up north friends tell me. [smile]

Lol true lots of people do, I don't like to. I'm typically driving and really don't want to take a spill and crack my head. I've seen quite a few people knocked silly for a bit while their bait is flopping around on the ice.

I would be afraid of carrying while ice fishing.
My hands are usually so cold that I might accidentally shoot my auger off![rofl]

The only reason to carry would be for protection from the four legged kind..

I swear to god I wear so many layers of clothing that I could stop a 50 BMG round![smile]

Tips up![grin]

PS. I also don't carry if I may have been drinking...[laugh]

Lol, the old man always makes it a point to let me know "it sucks to get old", his hands are always freezing cold these days when we go out ice fishing. Has some tough days making it through a few hours. The four legged kind is what I'm thinking of, I've seen some out there and they kept on going but it certainly gets your attention.

AR and single point sling... /thread... You could also claim it was lost (after the first trip out) in a "fishing accident"...

[rofl2]

I use a tanker holster, it's halfway between a shoulder and chest rig and is pretty good under a coat or open carried. Relatively inexpensive, too.

I still wanna know what you are anticipating for a gun while ice fishing. I can't see any urban youts wanting to venture out on the ice, unless they are part of the Victor Sweet gang out of Detroit. [rofl]

(As an aside - his 70's era rumpus room basement was a trip.)

I'd carry in a Maxpedition somethingorother. Anything under 3 layers of clothes is gonna be hard to draw.

Back
Top Bottom