• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ice Fishing Season Gets Off To A Bad Start

Last edited:
This seems to be an ongoing problem in Minnesota:

BTW, ice fishing season opens Monday in NH, but I hear there aren't many bobhouses out on Winni yet. [laugh]
Maybe they're warming up to compete for the largest ice carousel?

Ice was probably safe without 200 freaking people on it.
The biggest joy of ice fishing in the quiet and solitude, when people show up, it's time to leave. I could never understand the guys who invite you, and then it turns out they've got a whole picnic set ready to go with heaters and cookstoves and whatnot - don't people just do things simple anymore?

Ice was probably safe without 200 freaking people on it.
The biggest joy of ice fishing in the quiet and solitude, when people show up, it's time to leave. I could never understand the guys who invite you, and then it turns out they've got a whole picnic set ready to go with heaters and cookstoves and whatnot - don't people just do things simple anymore?
I'm the opposite.....when I'm ice fishing it's like tailgating while fishing. Usually cook up venison sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions.....sometimes we do pancakes and eggs in the morning. I always bring extra venison sausage.....once I fire the grill up and the aroma spreads around the lake we get visitors 😁 and I always offer folks a sandwich.

I'm the opposite.....when I'm ice fishing it's like tailgating while fishing. Usually cook up venison sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions.....sometimes we do pancakes and eggs in the morning. I always bring extra venison sausage.....once I fire the grill up and the aroma spreads around the lake we get visitors 😁 and I always offer folks a sandwich.

I was the same when I ice fished. Just a a SMALL amount of whisky or brandy and some cigars.

I got out of it years ago though as ice fishing and a bad back don’t go together well. Sill miss it though. It was a blast. Especially when the ice cracked under your feet for the first time or two in the season.😆😆

I end up doing a big todo. Egg nog. Some good BBQ on teh smoker. Maybe the game on.

Fishing? Oh hell no. I do this in my nice warm house. You ice fishermen are insane.

Back
Top Bottom