• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ideas on how to win anti's and others to our side.

Post them here.

Why not offer people a free class on safety and education. I'm sure people here can kick in $5 or $10 to reimburse instructors for this. It would also generate business for the people that would offer this via return customers.

Most people are on the fence in regards to this issue. We want the "on the fence" people on our side. If we show/teach them than maybe we'll win them over.

Open carry demonstration?????

I know fail Troll is Fail. I had to
; )

We have to organize country wide. I was not joking on this. We have to be a united front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

from the other thread...

from my politically active wife, for political consultants try "Kimball associates" and/or "Tuesday associates".... she thinks both would be interested.

BTW, if someone with a political background says that an open carry protest would have ANY positive effect I will gladly join in. Until then, I just don't think that 'doing something different' is going to help anything and can SERRIOUSLY hurt both the movement and the individuals involved.

Kimbell & Associates | Legislative Solutions for the Healthcare Community

Welcome to Tuesday Associates

No matter what we do we have to be organized and concise. We are going up agains the bloomberg machine and you can better believe they are a lot better at this than us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

There are a lot of people that don't know Jack about anything firearms related. I've converted several friends, family and co-workers just by talking to them. As I'm sure many people here have. It needs to be done on a bigger scale though.

There are a lot of people that don't know Jack about anything firearms related. I've converted several friends, family and co-workers just by talking to them. As I'm sure many people here have. It needs to be done on a bigger scale though.

Plus 1. My wife was totally anti. Hated guns and did not want in the house.
She agreed to take a safety course. Result? She loves going to the range and is in the process for LTC.

Plus 1. My wife was totally anti. Hated guns and did not want in the house.
She agreed to take a safety course. Result? She loves going to the range and is in the process for LTC.

Nice. there you go.

Free firearms safety courses would go a long way to help people learn.

i've offered to bring on-the-fence friends and family to the range, invited them into the shop, and let them handle my own EDC (cleared, etc etc). most of them are now not against, but do not yet want their own gun. my mother, for example, was not comfortable with the idea of her owning a gun, but says she feels very safe and confidant when we go out shopping together.

i always try to ask why people are uncomfortable with firearms, then we talk about preparedness (i use seatbelts and motorcycle helmets as examples) and that seems to make sense to just about everyone.

i do like the idea of free instruction, but i have taught free classes before and have found that people tend to not value things that they dont have to pay for at all. i had 10 people scheduled, only 3 showed up even after i confirmed all ten, for example. i think maybe a group offering a coupon or something, for like, half off the normal class price for a basic firearms safety class might be something to consider.

There are a lot of gun owners that don't know jack about firearms laws/politics related. Several people I work with are MA gun owners. They have no f*cking clue what is going on. Every time I bring the issue up about current legislation in the state they ask what I'm talking about and what is being proposed. Then they say: "that is silly, that will never pass, that wouldn't work, that would violate law X". This has happened more than once in the past few months - with they same people. Same goddamn legislation as the last time I talked to them. They have no clue as to how badly they are going to potentially get screwed or on how thin ice they are currently.

Now, these people aren't necessarily the problem because they (for the most part) aren't flaming moonbats and probably vote how most here would agree with. But the fact is, they aren't going to GOAL rallies, they aren't going to public hearings, they sure as shit won't go to a open carry rally. They probably have never even concealed carried. Most gun owners are not on NES. Most gun owners in MA are probably not even GOAL members and they have probably not even heard of Comm2A.

I just wanted to point that out, because in addition to "anti's and others" there is a large contingency of apathetic/ignorant gun owners as well. That is my impression, at least - biased by my personal experience.

People like free stuff, that's the hook.

I was thinking about this. Make a public offer to those that want to try shooting and/or have a discussion about ownership. let people see that there are gun owners in their community and that we're not boogeymen. I'm not sure how well it would work though.

I agree that we can do a lot with helping to educate people not familiar with firearms but, as I said on another thread, in the short term what we have to do now is to keep up the pressure on our local reps. I plan on calling mine again next week and, and when she has local office hours, I am going to go speak with her and I will be calling both my Senators. We need to keep up the pressure directly on our Representatives and the Senators that are actually going to vote on the legislation. My job and family situation makes it very hard to go to rally's so I will contribute how I can, via mail, phone and email.

If we can donate to a fund that would reimburse instructors for their time and expenses this could work.

The more they know...

If we can donate to a fund that would reimburse instructors for their time and expenses this could work.

The more they know...

I would be more then up for this. Some sort of public shooting days... I would even be more then happy to donate money, guns and time (Don't have any instructor certs but I would help anyway I can)

Education is the key. And the facts are on our side.
I have a customer, an ex Marine mind you, who thought you can still walk into a gun store and walk out with anything you want without even showing ID.
Why? Because he gets his information from the 6 o'clock news.
You have the Boston police commissioner on there saying anyone can order a gun from the internet.
You have lying politicians claiming the streets are full f AK47's and Ar15's with billion round magazines and heat seeking bullets that shoot trough brick walls .
According to Jessie Jackson you can shoot down planes or blow up a train with an AR.
Most people in this world hate being played for a fool.
When they figure out they have been, we've done our job.

Last edited:
This is one of the better threads to be posted on here in a long time. I'm originally from the south where firearms are commonplace. Almost every truck has a gun rack in the back window, so people don't see them as some sort of taboo mystical unicorn with super powers. There are lots of people I come into contact with here in MA that have an interest in shooting and applying for licenses but simply don't know how to start the process.

The real problem is not ignorance, but apathy, IMO

It's not that people don't know about the current (and proposed) gun laws; it's that they don't want/care to know.

Status quo is fine for most people...why change.

Ten minutes ago, I heard on the radio that there's a new law in Boston that requires all landlords to register with the city, and be subject to inspections of their rental property every five years (for which, I guess, there is a fee) or b subject to a fine for each unit they own. Did anyone here know this? Did anyone who does not own rental property in Boson care?

My point is that we cannot educate people until they are willing to learn. That applies to on-the-fence Nons, and current gun owners that don't understand that the RED LIGHT on the range really means DON'T TOUCH.

Be Out, Loud and Proud - let the world know that you're a safe and sane gun owner, and are not the threat to society that the Antis paint you as.

So there.

Now, off to Field Day, to (hopefully) teach some Nons, that want to learn......

Outreach.

Nothing more and nothing less.

We focus on uniting as gun owners to do good in our communities- individual communities united under one cause and issue press releases as necessary.

A few ideas spring to mind:

Collecting for toys for tots
Visiting run down parts of our respective communities, helping to clean up trash
Working with a habitat for humanities home build, all wearing a t shirt promoting the group

Then I come to the idea of being a second line to the community infrastructure during emergencies, notably storms, but whatever crisis comes about. Shoveling snow, plowing roads when the paid crews take forever to get to residents. We do some good, make sure folks know its us and the good press will follow. I don't want to call it militia, but to me, citizens looking out for citizens in crisis embodies the very spirit of militia and contrasts sharply with those in cami screaming molon labe and doing little else.

For the record, I own camo and have been trying to teach my 9 week old to say molon labe....and bacon but I digress.

Thoughts?

Ideas from the anti playbook

One of the things that stuck out in the hearing images I saw were all those blue shirts and yellow signs. When your brain processes and retrieves information, that's the crap getting saved whether you like it or not. This is an area that needs to be taken advantage of. An easily recognizable symbol or illustration that everyone can relate to. Or how about a characture that represents our interests like the Army used for VD and M-16 maintenance pamphlets. Buddy the Bullet or Carl Cartridge says: "Don't blame me. I only go where I'm told." or "Respect me and I'll protect you." Put Buddy or Carl on shirts and flyers pointing out all the facts that antis don't want anyone to see.

I suspect shirts would be a little bit of an investment but printed media is dirt cheap. Hand out this stuff like fodder. But take it one step further. Clean that shit up at the end of the day. Unlike those Bloomturd losers that leave their blue and yellow trash behind at the end of the day like some final statement of how little they actually care about anyone else. A higher level of organization and planning is needed to counter this orchestrated anti movement.

Discuss.

How about this : 1000 yard perimeter is drawn up , and posted and manned with Free BBQ , and cupcakes at the Common at 12 noon to 3pm. On a day when the foot traffic is large.

Set up a simple lunch line with servers who make each Free Luncher receive a very short flyer and a simple verbal message. From a friendly normal person . Preferably an attractive female , with a shoulder rig and a firearm OC'd.

Make four stations perhaps.
1/ a plate ,cup, smile , and " governments have no authority to deny you the right to self defense. "
2/ a burger with cheese , " the Supreme Court affirmed this with a case from a guy named Heller"
3/ French fries and ketchup , " Massachusetts expects you to be ignorant of this while they deny you yr rights."
4/ Coke or lemonade " they want you to be nice compliant sheep , and they know they can't protect you."

Or any other variation of 3 or 4 simple truths that reinforce each other , with a free lunch and a pretty girl.

Same idea the Salvation Army uses , you want a free thing ? Then all you need to do is listen to a simple short idea. Well be here next week too , bring your friends.

Education is the key. And the facts are on our side.
I have a customer, an ex Marine mind you, who thought you can still walk into a gun store and walk out with anything you want without even showing ID.
Why? Because he gets his information from the 6 o'clock news.
You have the Boston police commissioner on there saying anyone can order a gun from the internet.
You have lying politicians claiming the streets are full f AK47's and Ar15's with billion round magazines and heat seeking bullets that shoot trough brick walls .
According to Jessie Jackson you can shoot down planes or blow up a train with an AR.
Most people in this world hate being played for a fool.
When they figure out they have been, we've done our job.

Quote every last one of these lies and print it for all to see. There should be an easy to retrieve listing of ALL statements of misinformation by officials with links to the original quote so they are held accountable and then they will think twice before spewing lies to the public. Until this happens people might actually think statistics like "It costs a state 100 billion dollars to allow gun ownership..." to be true.

They say "Stop the Violence!" but I say "Stop the Lies!"

Outreach.

We focus on uniting as gun owners to do good in our communities- individual communities united under one cause and issue press releases as necessary.

Visiting run down parts of our respective communities, helping to clean up trash
Working with a habitat for humanities home build, all wearing a t shirt promoting the group

Then I come to the idea of being a second line to the community infrastructure during emergencies, notably storms, but whatever crisis comes about. Shoveling snow, plowing roads when the paid crews take forever to get to residents. We do some good, make sure folks know its us and the good press will follow. I don't want to call it militia, but to me, citizens looking out for citizens in crisis embodies the very spirit of militia and contrasts sharply with those in cami screaming molon labe and doing little else.

For the record, I own camo and have been trying to teach my 9 week old to say molon labe....and bacon but I digress.

Thoughts?

One of the things that stuck out in the hearing images I saw were all those blue shirts and yellow signs. When your brain processes and retrieves information, that's the crap getting saved whether you like it or not. This is an area that needs to be taken advantage of. An easily recognizable symbol or illustration that everyone can relate to. Or how about a characture that represents our interests like the Army used for VD and M-16 maintenance pamphlets. Buddy the Bullet or Carl Cartridge says: "Don't blame me. I only go where I'm told." or "Respect me and I'll protect you." Put Buddy or Carl on shirts and flyers pointing out all the facts that antis don't want anyone to see.

I suspect shirts would be a little bit of an investment but printed media is dirt cheap. Hand out this stuff like fodder. But take it one step further. Clean that shit up at the end of the day. Unlike those Bloomturd losers that leave their blue and yellow trash behind at the end of the day like some final statement of how little they actually care about anyone else. A higher level of organization and planning is needed to counter this orchestrated anti movement.

Discuss.

I like this.... the T shirts for all with a positive message, not an antagonistic one....

Community service and help, maybe we go to our local Sportsman clubs and bring the members together to promote unity with a positive message, all wearing matching shirts along with the members here all purchasing shirts we can wear with pride. I don't believe the open carry marches help us... that's not the way..... I think it makes us look like bullies. We are supposed to be normal, working citizens that fit into our communities. We need to fit in not stand out. But if we stand out, we stand out as a positive picture..

Outreach.

Thoughts?

I think anything like you mentioned would only really be practical if tied to already established groups - like gun/sportsmens clubs, gun shops, various shooting leagues or chapters, training organizations. I think the only way you would get people to participate in some of the events you mentioned is if they already have some sort of interaction with each other. I think in reality "gun owner" is not really close enough of a link to bring people together - and I wouldn't really expect otherwise, because in most of free America it is nothing special.

You could certainly have things like toys for tots, or food drives, at gun shops, gun clubs, or even local competitions/matches. I don't think you would get too much press from doing that particular type of charity unless you managed to donate a unusually large amount of items or you found a sympathetic reporter to write some article about what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom