• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Identify this mystery cartridge

beaker

NES Member
I have a bunch of these someone gave me, it isn't a 9x19. Can't tell if it is a .380, or some other weird 9mm variant. So tell me, what the hell is it? :)

Bul1.jpg

Bul2.jpg

Bul3.jpg

Bul4.jpg

I googled “9mm Corto” as it’s written on the box and came up with the Wikipedia page for 380

Attachments

• 15D4CA10-4BC2-4B68-AF9C-C23EB3053919.jpeg
    15D4CA10-4BC2-4B68-AF9C-C23EB3053919.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 5
I kind of thought it was 380, and I came up with 9mm short, but also some Russian 9mm stuff, which is probably the same. Thanks for playing.

9x19, 9x18 and 9x17 ( Luger/ Para, Makarov, .380) are three different animals and shouldn’t be used interchangeably. I guess 1mm makes a world of difference in pressures.

I don't know if 1mm in case length makes a big difference but the 9mm Makarov uses a larger diameter bullet than the other 2. It might not chamber in a 9mm Luger but if it did the results probably wouldn't be good.

I have a bunch of these someone gave me, it isn't a 9x19. Can't tell if it is a .380, or some other weird 9mm variant. So tell me, what the hell is it? :)

View attachment 376147

View attachment 376148

View attachment 376149

View attachment 376150
When I started typing in the name 9mm Corto (which is written on the box) I made it as far as "9mm Cor" and "380acp" came up as a suggestion before I could even finish typing it in.

Sometimes Google is faster than taking 3 or 4 pictures (with measurements) and posting on a forum. I mean......the name of the ammo was written on the box you took the picture of. 🤣

When I started typing in the name 9mm Corto (which is written on the box) I made it as far as "9mm Cor" and "380acp" came up as a suggestion before I could even finish typing it in.

Sometimes Google is faster than taking 3 or 4 pictures (with measurements) and posting on a forum. I mean......the name of the ammo was written on the box you took the picture of. 🤣
So what you don't know, there is always a lot you don't know, is that someone gave these to me like 6 years ago, and back then, 9mm short came up in the searches, so did Makarov, but nothing that would allow me to confirm for sure. It looked similar very similar to the HP ammo for the scorpion machine pistol and that was similar, but not the same size. Nothing really confirmed anything for me at that time that it was 380 and I don't have any direct experience with 380 really, but it sure seemed like it. I was reorganizing my ammo and found this at the bottom and figured I would conform for sure. So thanks to anyone who actually knew what it was from knowledge, and thanks to the Google warriors who did a google search! [wink][pics]

1596076036535.jpeg

This one is very clear, but has a couple extra unrelated cartridges:
9mm%20Cartridge%20Family%20500%20x%20339_zpssaficbuz.jpg~original

Back
Top Bottom