If HD.4420 goes through….

Nico9283

NES Member
If our worst fears become reality and this does in fact go through.. for those of us that don’t want to become felons overnight but ALSO want to keep the firearms we have.. what are our options? I’m pretty sure a kit for fixing the magazine in place would meet the requirements of the AWB. But then again, I’m not entirely sure if that’s only the case if the receiver was originally manufactured as such. I know @CrackPot has some knowledge on this… any advice?

If our worst fears become reality and this does in fact go through.. for those of us that don’t want to become felons overnight but ALSO want to keep the firearms we have.. what are our options? I’m pretty sure a kit for fixing the magazine in place would meet the requirements of the AWB. But then again, I’m not entirely sure if that’s only the case if the receiver was originally manufactured as such. I know @CrackPot has some knowledge on this… any advice?

Remember, God hates boats.

MOVE! I've put up with these a**h***s for way too long. If this passes it's either move or fight, it's only 20 miles to Southern NH but NH has 2 D Senators and way to many transplanted Ma**h***s.
I escaped from RI to MO. NH scared me too much to consider moving there even though I grew up there.

I predict NH will be as bad as MA in the not too distant future

Last edited:
If our worst fears become reality and this does in fact go through.. for those of us that don’t want to become felons overnight but ALSO want to keep the firearms we have.. what are our options? I’m pretty sure a kit for fixing the magazine in place would meet the requirements of the AWB. But then again, I’m not entirely sure if that’s only the case if the receiver was originally manufactured as such.

You're welcome. :)

I escaped from RI to MO. NH scared me too much to consider it even though I grew up there.

I predict NH will be as bad as MA in the not too distant future
People have been saying this BS for like 15 years here and I've seen little evidence of that. About the only thing that sticks out is how Flununu f***ed up on covid, but that's like 48/50 states that did the same bullshit so that's almost a push.

So you are willing to f*** your guns up (more?) over a stupid law? Why even bother. If you're this worried about a law that hasn't even exited committee yet, you probably should sell your shit.

I’m not really sure that’s necessary. It’s a legitimate question.. keep it classy.
No it's not, particularly given nobody knows what the final version of this shit is before it gets voted on. Plus a lot of these laws have long implementation timelines written into them... meaning you will have a lot of time to determine the course of action to take. Probably because they know they're going to get shelled in court.
Reacting like an arm flapping toddler, screaming in terror, fussing about how to f*** your guns up so you can prostrate yourself to the state, is not really an appropriate response to draft legislation.

Remember that these @a**h***s are making it a crime to fail to report lost or stolen firearms.
They already kinda did that (with the whole affadavit thing on ltc app) of course I'm sure whatever is in this bill is hopelessly redundant and pointless.

People have been saying this BS for like 15 years here and I've seen little evidence of that. About the only thing that sticks out is how Flununu f***ed up on covid, but that's like 48/50 states that did the same bullshit so that's almost a push.
To MO's credit that state has been passing 'F-U Feds' 2A legislation.

At some point, even the most law abiding citizen has to say f*** it.
If I could be a fly on a wall and bet $1000 for every LTC holder unknowingly committing one or more paper gun felonies on average even if I lost a few I'd probably still be a billionaire at the end. The laws are so convoluted (state and some federal) that it's not difficult to break them while doing some seemingly normal thing.

No it's not, particularly given nobody knows what the final version of this shit is before it gets voted on. Plus a lot of these laws have long implementation timelines written into them... meaning you will have a lot of time to determine the course of action to take. Probably because they know they're going to get shelled in court.
Reacting like an arm flapping toddler, screaming in terror, fussing about how to f*** your guns up so you can prostrate yourself to the state, is not really an appropriate response to draft legislation.
“Meaning you will have a lot of time to determine the course of action to take”

Correct. I haven’t yet determined my course of action yet as I am not yet in a place where I need to determine so. I am simply gathering options so that when the time comes (if it comes, hopefully it won’t) that I HAVE to decide my course of action, I’ll be able to weigh my decisions accordingly.

I am not “acting like an arm flapping toddler, screaming in terror, fussing about how I can f*** up my guns”…. I am simply making sure I have options other than a.) turning in my guns, or b.) leaving my family behind, unprotected, while I spend the next 10-15 years in state prison.

I am not saying I’m afraid to keep secrets to myself about what I have, and I’m also not saying I’m ready to bow at the altar of my government. The truth is somewhere in the middle. But the fact that you’d make it seem like those are the only two options I have to choose between make you look like the child here, not me. You should be slightly embarrassed being a “moderator”.. your position is supposed to make sure everyone’s post here complies with the sticky’d rules of the forum and with the law. You and I are in full agreement that this proposed law would be stupid, but you’re suggesting I shouldn’t abide by it because I disagree with it, and that makes you the a**hole.

I’m not really sure that’s necessary. It’s a legitimate question.. keep it classy.

Respectfully. Yes, it's a legitimate question.

Also respectfully, telling people to chill and not worry about something your out of control government is doing is also legitimate.

Simple answer-quit paying your state to oppress you and move.

Respectfully. Yes, it's a legitimate question.
It is. The thing is that some members have better and a wider range of options than other members. Those with fewer obvious options shouldn't panic at this point, but they shouldn't be held up to ridicule either. There will be plenty of time to figure things out. I think it will become much clearer as time goes on. 😎

It is. The thing is that some members have better and a wider range of options than other members. Those with fewer obvious options shouldn't panic at this point, but they shouldn't be held up to ridicule either. There will be plenty of time to figure things out. I think it will become much clearer as time goes on. 😎

It's only legitimate if the person is completely insane/manic/f***ed up/soft.

Worrying about, and trying to comply with legislation that hasn't even exited committee yet, is the definition of insanity. " Oh let me pre-react against this vague threat that basically has no definition or formality applied to it yet. "

Somewhere there has to be like a Mel Brooks/lewis black skit about this or something. 🤣

"Get ready guys there's a disaster coming!!!!!"
"Whaddya mean a disaster? What kinda disaster?"
"A disaster. A BIG disaster. "
Etc etc etc....

Back
Top Bottom