If they recognized it, would you shoot it ?

If Steel Challenge recognized Rimfire Revolver Open and Rimfire Revolver Iron, would you shoot it ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First time doing a poll so bare with me folks....

The subject has been brought up to the PtB (Powers that Be) to add Rimfire Revolver Optic and Rimfire Revolver Iron
to the divisions/categories in Steel Challenge, and with the ultimate hope to get Revolver Steel Master recognized also.

The PtB has said come back with some numbers and a written proposal so here I am asking the folks here on NES to be heard.

Add a comment after you vote if you'd like, I know a bunch of you already shoot your rimfire revo's in SC so maybe we can get
some recognition.

Thanks,
Dave Parker TY53502

(this same question has been asked over on BE)

You are taking a poll if someone would shoot something? Uh yeah, I pretty sure you will get positive results. I'd bet most in here do this already, without the sanctioned event.

100% I love to shoot my 17-8 in SC, but have been reluctant to shoot it recently in SC because they don't recognize the class. My opinion is that, especially Rimfire Revolver, is that alot of people own these and it is a good entry, and relatively inexpensive entry, into SC. BTW....whats the big deal about another class among many otger?😁

22 revolvers in steel challenge??? Have they suddenly banned semi auto,s on the national level 😇 Or is this some sort of ploy to get me to spend more money🤔 ......All kidding aside I think is a good idea, sounds fun and will maybe bring a few more into the sport. Is it common/easy to add a red dot to most rimfire revolvers? Or are you expecting irons to be the dominating division? How much will 5 people shooting ruger wranglers on the same squad slow things down (I,ve see someone one do quite well with one but they were an experienced shooter)

Last edited:
Center fire revolver is supported in steel challenge just like in uspsa. Rim fire revolvers are lumped together with semi auto rimfire in steel challenge which isn't really fair in most cases

Last edited:
A lot of us are already shooting revolvers in the rimfire classes, maybe it's time to be recognized. Most people shoot SC so they can evaluate their progress against like equipment. We should be able to do the same. I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom