• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IL towns' handgun bans falling in wake of Heller

strangenh

NES Member
Wilmette - ordinance repealed; will consider a revised one that complies with Heller

Morton Grove (yes, the Morton Grove) - ordinance repealed, no further action contemplated

Evanston - aldermen hold closed-door meeting and vote to change ordinance to be more defensible in light of Heller I... actual language not yet agreed-upon or released to the peasants

Oak Park - taking a "wait and see" approach

Chicago - planning on going all the way in the courts despite a $400M budget shortfall

Next:

Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998[angry]
AN ACT RELATIVE TO GUN CONTROL IN THE COMMONWEALTH.
http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw98/sl980180.htm

&

940 CMR Consumer Protection regulations[angry]

No... not we wish.

We need to make it happen!

MA is obviously going to be like shitcago. they will fight it all the way (dispite their $22billion bill for the dig and the other billions $ already spent on other programs)

But this is just the begining... have faith and let things run their course. And fight any new crap that comes up til no end.

Last edited:
No... not we wish.

We need to make it happen!

MA is obviously going to be like shitcago. they will fight it all the way (dispite their $22billion bill for the dig and the other billions $ already spent on other programs)

But this is just the beging... have faith and let things run their course. And fight any new crap that comes up til no end.

Yes we should fight it. But we need to fight it smart, or we'll just lose and be stuck with what we've got.

Is it unrealistic to see some silver lining with these developments?

I fully expected cities like Wilmette and Morton Grove to be obtuse and obstinate in the aftermath of Heller. Instead, they have taken unilateral steps to suspend their respective handgun bans/ordinances.

Chicago and DC...well we know what their position is. Is it a foregone conclusion that MA position will be the same?

I remember a Herald article just after Heller that said the ruling triggered an AG review of MA statutes....any update on that?

And get this part:

[Alderman]Rainey suggested that the city might want to consider printing the names of all those who have state firearms cards in the local paper.

"Do you want your grandchild going to visit someone who has a gun?" Rainey asked. But no action was taken on that suggestion.

Police Chief Richard Eddington said he would recommend against establishing a local registration program for firearms owners. He said the cost of the program couldn't be justified under the city's tight budget. In addition, Eddington said, the registration program would depend on everybody telling the truth, "which in my professional opinion isn't always true."

+1 for the Chief. That alderman should be ashamed -- might as well post a gun shopping guide for criminals.

Back
Top Bottom