• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'll boast...(Update 7/10/05)

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
...because I know Derek won't. Derek called me a little while ago after he left his match to inform me of his performance. We usually call each other after either one of us has a match to let the other know how it turned out.

Well, Let me tell you, not only did 'D' win the match, he picked up the first place Leg in doing so and is now only 4 points shy of becoming Distinguished!

f***ing outstanding young Marine!

Semper Fi!

ETA: I understand that Brent shot an oustanding off-hand score, even with a miss. Congrat's to you, also.

Thanks guys. I got'em cheap 474 and change. Did I mention it was hot today? Shooting the 600 at high noon was no fun.

Derek, can you briefly explain how the scoring worked? I thought it was out of 800, like the Memorial match I saw- yet you won with a 474?

The leg matches are shot as the National Match Course.

10 shots standing 200 meters
10 shots rapid 200 meters
10 shots rapid 300 meters
20 shots prone 600 meters

500 points total.

The 80 shot matches are usually designed to give people more practice at the 200 standing and the rapid fires.

If it was a fifty round match it would 474 / 500.

80 round matches are 800.

I believe all EIC (Leg) matches are 50 round national match course.

ETA: Belay my last.

It's kind of bragging, but I'm using this as a test post for pics.

(let's try this one...)

IM000263.jpg

This is my first target with my Smith 9mm, off hand (I was recovering from hand surgery on the right one) at 21'. The "flyer" was my first shot....I really hate those.

I forgot to add that I fired 10 rounds.

Well, since Derek's cable is down he won't see any responses til morning. However, our board has it's newest Distinguished High Power Shooter!

Derek won a first place Leg today to put him over the top!

Congratulations, D!

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom