• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

So do you think criminals are going to access a database and go after addresses that have guns…or…make sure they don’t hit up any addresses that have guns? Sometimes I think that even the dumb criminals are smarter than some of you NES commandos😂

I think what folks are worried about is that there are lots of criminals out there who are smarter than they are.

I'm one of those. I'm wise enough to realize that just because I can't figure out how to use this data, it doesn't mean there aren't guys out there smarter than me who won't take that opportunity.

It pays to be honest enough to admit what you don't know.

Why does everyone think that criminals now have a shopping list? What kind of criminal goes to Mass.gov and sees who has guns or the most guns and says “ it’s on!!! Let’s break in and rob them!!”
Most criminals are not very bright and many are lazy. But enough are keen enough to do some simple research.

I think what folks are worried about is that there are lots of criminals out there who are smarter than they are.

I'm one of those. I'm wise enough to realize that just because I can't figure out how to use this data, it doesn't mean there aren't guys out there smarter than me who won't take that opportunity.

I'm more worried about the criminals with pens

I was able to see who had LTCs in my town that were issued by other PDs. These are people that got them at the PD they worked at. Example... they live in Town X but work for Boston PD. Licensing agency is BPD. All the cops just got outed. :mad::mad::mad:
Good

Most criminals are not very bright and many are lazy. But enough are keen enough to do some simple research.
Yes, thank God most criminals are dumb as shit, but there are still some tech-savvy pros out there and this illegal database can be easily mined for good hits.

I found myself in under 2 minutes. Took a little longer to find my 3 closest neighbors, but now I know exactly what they own too.

Whoa.i sold 5 guns in 2020 accidently via efa10 per the spreadsheet. No one knocked on my door
I found 34 personal transfers between two people in one day.
If someone bought an off roster pistol (or a newer AR-15) from the deli ticket emporium, wouldn't one be led to believe that the buyer is a LEO? Asking for a friend,...

Why does everyone think that criminals now have a shopping list? What kind of criminal goes to Mass.gov and sees who has guns or the most guns and says “ it’s on!!! Let’s break in and rob them!!”
I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm stupid, but how is some stranger going to figure out who is who? I found me by looking at my town, and looking up my LTC issue and expiration date. That gave me my ID, which I then searched.
If you don't have that info, how does anyone find me?

If this data breach has guys so f***ing scared that they worried about their personal and property protection and how they defend themselves… well they probably weren’t too prepared to begin with. If someone has an enormous collection or a collection good enough that at any time someone could break in and get to it or harm you or your family, that is something I would hope they have the proper multi levels of protection and security. It ain’t got shit to do with people who don’t know or do know how do use an Internet database or just come here to start trouble because they got nothing better to do. Plus , I thought you knew everything

Damn! That is aweful. I don’t think a single gun related home invasion from 47 years ago relates to this being a shopping list for criminals though. I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are not in the home?..
They chose that house to steal the "valuable" gun collection. That's the story that was circulating around, that the Dr had a valuable collection. Killers aren't too worried about your gun collection, especially when they are hardened to simply kill you on sight. They wanted the guns to sell.

As I said, it was just a story with no facts. There was no collection.

The state has no legal right to release to anybody what legal personal property we have inside our homes. Next thing you know someone tells someone who tells someone we have valuable guns in our house..........and the next thing you know there is a late night knock on your door..........

Dude, I can’t even open the data on my phone..this is just another one of those pants shitting threads😂😂😂
I was able to find myself in 8 seconds searching only my birthday and city. From there it took me three minutes to poke around in the gun safe of people I've transferred firearms to of from. This isn't a pants shitting thread, it's a big deal.

Yeah so the media can run queries "Gee looks like a lot of people in town x carry .40 and others carry 9mm. Having the serial numbers is what gun grabbing orgs want. "Remember that gun you bought 20 years ago?"
"Yeah."
"Well it was used in a crime"
"Okay so what's your point. I sold it 15 years ago"
"Did you know the next guy would use it in a crime?"
"How do you feel about that?"
Getting the entire forum shut down would be a problem for us, but I would think it's something the state could try to do if they could show a judge that this site is being used to directly threaten "public servants."

I'm not sure I see the upside to that, in the long OR the short run. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjvdHE1E5eI

They chose that house to steal the "valuable" gun collection. That's the story that was circulating around, that the Dr had a valuable collection. Killers aren't too worried about your gun collection, especially when they are hardened to simply kill you on sight. They wanted the guns to sell.

As I said, it was just a story with no facts. There was no collection.

The state has no legal right to release to anybody what legal personal property we have inside our homes. Next thing you know someone tells someone who tells someone we have valuable guns in our house..........and the next thing you know there is a late night knock on your door..........
Yes. Of course the state has no right to do what they did and hopefully get thier ass handed to them by COMM2A. My opsec is not changing due to this data breach. I’m plenty prepared for a home invasion with or without a data breach. I think the biggest worry about this whole thing is when we start seeing reporters on all the local media stations reporting how many AWB’s are in which towns and all that kind of crap.

I'm more concerned with the anti gun activist crowd than I am with criminals.

They will absolutely make this worse than it already is, and it's pretty f***ing bad right now. I expect they will make an effort to fully dox all the gun owners in the state, just like the dickheads in NY and CA have done already.

I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm stupid, but how is some stranger going to figure out who is who? I found me by looking at my town, and looking up my LTC issue and expiration date. That gave me my ID, which I then searched.
If you don't have that info, how does anyone find me?
Criminal chooses a house that looks interesting.
Public (tax or deed) database says who owns it.
Ancestry.com (or similar) gives you a birth date.
Open illegal database and match town & birth date.
Bingo... Done.

I was able to find myself in 8 seconds searching only my birthday and city. From there it took me three minutes to poke around in the gun safe of people I've transferred firearms to of from. This isn't a pants shitting thread, it's a big deal.
No shit it’s easy to find it was a joke. And yes it is a big deal and yes this thread has turned into a pants shitting thread because ppl just can’t help themselves but make trouble. The State pulled some bullshit, hopefully they’ll get smacked down as fast as possible. The same guys shitting thier pants here are the same ones that do nothing but post pictures of their guns all over the Internet.

exactly right - everyone knows that data exists only to be manipulated.

Yes. Of course the state has no right to do what they did and hopefully get thier ass handed to them by COMM2A. My opsec is not changing due to this data breach. I’m plenty prepared for a home invasion with or without a data breach. I think the biggest worry about this whole thing is when we start seeing reporters on all the local media stations reporting how many AWB’s are in which towns and all that kind of crap.
Who the hell opens their door with a firearm at the ready? It was the Drs wife who was killed first. She may have opened it thinking the girls were home....who knows. None of us are a match against cold blooded killers who will execute you on sight, none of us. Next the state will release our guns, where they are, and where we keep the hide away key to our homes........
This was done by a rabid and maniacal anti-gun public employee who could care less that it could absolutely put people at risk. This weasel must be exterminated from their rat hole and punished to the full extent of the law.

Yes and no for us oldtimers.

A lot of old guns were purchased and or sold/traded years ago are no where near this database. Hell, I just traded a gaggle of guns to KTP the other day for cash and store credit.
There will be zero info on that other than my own receipt from KTP. And I've done that multiple times over the years.

A lot of old timers have no idea what an FA-10 or eFA-10 is when they buy a long gun out of state and never register it. Not everyone
keeps up on the laws or is an NES geek.

So say some guy bought all his long guns in NH/ME/where ever, and doesnt know what Efa10 is? .......his/her whole collection is under the radar of this stupidity.

Not saying thats what you should do....follow the laws of the state is my opinion on the subject.

But the fact there are people out there, many old who just keep doing the same thing over and over is not out of the realm of reality.

So when your talking collections...its all relative, lots of holes in this swiss cheese of info.

I’m probably not the only one but there’s a shit ton of guns that I have/had literally not expressed at all in this data dump….. it’s not exactly a clean source, lol

If this data breach has guys so f***ing scared that they worried about their personal and property protection and how they defend themselves… well they probably weren’t too prepared to begin with. If someone has an enormous collection or a collection good enough that at any time someone could break in and get to it or harm you or your family, that is something I would hope they have the proper multi levels of protection and security. It ain’t got shit to do with people who don’t know or do know how do use an Internet database or just come here to start trouble because they got nothing better to do. Plus , I thought you knew everything
Proper protection… like a vault?

This is what I’m trying to understand too. Aside from the birth month and day and city you live in there’s no other real identifying information for a criminal to find your address. They would need to know some of your gun purchases to figure it out. Or be extremely active here on the forum and do some searching and then compare stuff.
I don’t think a common criminal is much of a concern with data like this… It’s what could be done with the data by others that could potentially expose people to risk

I’m sure there are criminals that can use this data. I’m not worried and I’d invite them to stack up.

Now politicians, on the other hand, do worry me.

Ask the guy with zero feedback that has been here 8 years digging up everyones info.
dd0.png

Back
Top Bottom