• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"illegal discharge of a firearm" in Billerica

Youbad. That was four days later. (Maybe the guy got a slug into low earth orbit?)
that, right there, is the true danger in following Unka Joe Biden's advice!
If you stand at the back door, and shoot your shotgun into the air, how do you KNOW it does NOT escape earth's gravity....maybe travel thru space....hit an alien spacecraft who views it as an act of war, and then attacks earth with its death rays???

First off SWAT? Come on is that really necessary? SWAT should be the weapon of last resort when everything else fails. They couldn't send over a couple of cop cars, we have to jump straight to military style intervention? This is why I agree that we need some serious police reform in this country.

Secondly, why should the 1st guy lose anything because he has a bozo for a friend? Man I swear the people in MA are so willing to be kowtowed that every other person is a freaking Karen.

I can’t like this post more.

To help justify their existence they mobilize to situations that they don't need to exist at.

And they want to LARP with their cool gear. I respect their jobs and the inherent risks. But when they go out for things like this, they’re LARPing, plain and simple.

Last edited:
And they want to LARP with their cool gear. I respect their jobs and the inherent risks. But when they go out for things like this, they’d LARPing, plain and simple.
I have no ill intent, I do respect their jobs. But if they keep going along with stunts like this, isn't our duty to make it no longer LARPing... I mean I think about this often. If the world went full tin foil and you had HRT show up at your door and you are reasonably confident you have done nothing wrong, what would you do? I know I would probably get smoked, but I'd get smoked trying to defend my home. Why just fold up, why let them LARP?

I believe the common guidance is "comply now, grieve later"

That is (provided you still believe that our government of laws is legitimate/intact) if you know you've done nothing wrong, go easy now and come back with lawyers.

I believe the common guidance is "comply now, grieve later"

That is (provided you still believe that our government of laws is legitimate/intact) if you know you've done nothing wrong, go easy now and come back with lawyers.

"Let them LARP" ?

If you still believe our government is legitimate, use the government to stop the LARPing. Go vote. Talk to your neighbors, convince them to vote. Go to town meetings. Get things changed.

Hell, we're finally at the point that people are actually talking about rolling back the power and presence of police. It's basically agreed across aisles. The disagreement is only at the level that things need to roll back. Imagine a world where Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, et al. could sit down at a table and come to consensus on even one place where the government needs to be limited. Utopia!

If you no longer believe the government is legitimate, then you probably don't want to discuss your plans on public forums that are followed by agents of that government.

If you still believe our government is legitimate, use the government to stop the LARPing. Go vote. Talk to your neighbors, convince them to vote. Got to town meetings. Get things changed.

If you no longer believe the government is legitimate, then you probably don't want to discuss your plans on public forums that are followed by agents of that government.

Fair, but I don't advocate for a coup or some dark shadowy initiative. I advocate for defending my property from armed intruders. I guess I don't see that as a highly controversial position. Don't try and intrude and I won't need to defend?

Fair, but I don't advocate for a coup or some dark shadowy initiative. I advocate for defending my property from armed intruders. I guess I don't see that as a highly controversial position. Don't try and intrude and I won't need to defend?
On the whole I agree. Of course, I also believe that if you can defuse the situation without the use of force, that's a win. Sun Tzu: "it is best to win without fighting." If they show up with flash bangs and no-knock their way into your house at 02:00, that's different. If they're still knocking on the door, or even talking on a megaphone, you can still get out without violence.

If you want to talk about making them not LARP, by making the events real, you have to ask "how do you want to be remembered?" You said yourself you'll "probably get smoked." Best case, you come out smelling like Waco, Ruby Ridge, or maybe Dorner. That is, 30 years later there'll still be a debate over who was the "bad guy"...and your kids will still be down a parent. And you will have reinforced their arguments for decades of arming up.

Recall, they started up-arming in earnest after North Hollywood and Miami. Since then they've used the Davidians, etc. to reinforce it - "See! They're crazy. We need these machine guns/armor/Bearcats to keep us safe from them, not to oppress you." But then we mustn't have machine guns; you know, for the children. They will control the narrative. You won't go down in a blaze of glory - you'll be timely stopped by our brave protectors, resurrecting arguments that it's time for us to turn in our guns.

And they want to LARP with their cool gear. I respect their jobs and the inherent risks. But when they go out for things like this, they’re LARPing, plain and simple.

From my experience and first hand knowledge, I don’t lay the blame on the teams for things like this, it falls directly on the admin who are generally all very low level politicians with little to no .mil, tactical, or firearms experience, they simply don’t know how or understand when to properly use such an asset and refuse to listen to the team leaders when told such things. God forbid anyone questions the scrambled egg hats. They don’t understand, they don’t care and will lay the blame for anything that goes wrong on the same person that told them ‘hey, this is BS Sir, this isn’t an appropriate situation for us to even be here.”

It’s akin to having Joe Biden as the JSOC commander, just on a much smaller scale.

Other than a noise ordinance violation, what is the MGL regarding firing off a thundermug assuming no projectile?
4c3prm.jpg

It sounds like the only things the guy is guilty of are not locking his guns and having shitty friends. I feel for him.
Or at least that's their story and they're sticking to it.
But really, anyone who is dumb enough to have a yard pop,
is not smart enough to concoct a durable story, let alone stick to it.

All because he didn’t lock his guns? If he doesn’t have children in the house, then there is nothing immoral about not locking ones guns. Illegal? Yeah according to MA, but not immoral. And yet you want to have him ruined. Why aren’t you focusing on the guy who actually stole the firearm and fired it?

How do you know there weren't any kids at the party? If any random person in your house can grab a loaded shotgun and start blasting away without you knowing about it, then you're totally negligent and should lose your license.

I don't think that any member of this board, or any responsible gun owner in general, would wake up in the morning and say "you know what? Let me grab a gun, go outside, and shoot a round into the air. You know, just for shits and giggles"

He allowed an irresponsible person access to his firearms. That's on him....

How do you know there weren't any kids at the party? If any random person in your house can grab a loaded shotgun and start blasting away without you knowing about it, then you're totally negligent and should lose your license.

So, you've in Mass. your whole life?

The problem with his behavior – and by that I mean the *actual* problem, not the legal one – is that he let a dumb-ass friend access to his guns. Not that they weren't "stored properly"

All because he didn’t lock his guns? If he doesn’t have children in the house, then there is nothing immoral about not locking ones guns. Illegal? Yeah according to MA, but not immoral. And yet you want to have him ruined. Why aren’t you focusing on the guy who actually stole the firearm and fired it?
More to the story than that. Lots more

I don't think anyone should lose a license over this, nobody got hurt, cops over reacted as usual and need to play up the media angle to make it seem legit. Why not just be reasonable adult Americans, throw all of their dumb asses in the clink for a week and let them think about how stupid it was, being grateful no one was hurt and those bars weren’t now a lifelong view to outside.

A week later set them lose, no weapons confiscated, LTC intact, and just say hey don’t be a f***ing knucklehead or next time will turn out a lot different.

I mean we give murderers second, third chances don’t we? After they finish their time. Why should gun owners be the only citizens that don’t ever get that second chance? More so on a situation where nobody was even hurt. We have more faith in convicted murderers than a young guy who just needs to mature and live a bit more of life to smarten up?

First off SWAT? Come on is that really necessary? SWAT should be the weapon of last resort when everything else fails. They couldn't send over a couple of cop cars, we have to jump straight to military style intervention? This is why I agree that we need some serious police reform in this country.

Secondly, why should the 1st guy lose anything because he has a bozo for a friend? Man I swear the people in MA are so willing to be kowtowed that every other person is a freaking Karen.
You are the one in control of your firearm. Just like you wouldn’t hand it to a felon friend you wouldn’t hand it to a dope of a friend and if you do, well bad on you and you will pay for that. If indeed it was “available” for anyone to grab, again the storage laws are clear in Mass despite them being somewhat ridiculous

The problem with his behavior – and by that I mean the *actual* problem, not the legal one – is that he let a dumb-ass friend access to his guns. Not that they weren't "stored properly"
I agree with you 100%.

But..... if they were stored "properly" (the MA definition) said dumb-ass friend couldn't have done what he did....

:rolleyes:
Fine, if there were kids at an early 20s party, then he was negligent in his firearm storage. But there is no reason to believe a grown as adult, who is a guest at your house, is going to grab your shotgun while you’re sleeping and shoot it out in the backyard. You are way too ingrained in Massachusetts ideology.

No the problem with his behavior is he was irresponsible with controlling access to his guns. He didn't LET his dumb-ass friend access it, he accessed it because it wasn't stored responsibly or properly. If he had handed it to him, then your point is correct but that wasn't the case.

No the problem with his behavior is he was irresponsible with controlling access to his guns. He didn't LET his dumb-ass friend access it, he accessed it because it wasn't stored responsibly or properly. If he had handed it to him, then your point is correct but that wasn't the case.

Yeah. I think the biggest problem is his selection of friends. But that shouldn’t result in a lifetime ban on his second amendment right.
And yeah, pretty sure jpm has lived in MA his whole life.

Back
Top Bottom