• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"illegal discharge of a firearm" in Billerica

:rolleyes:
Fine, if there were kids at an early 20s party, then he was negligent in his firearm storage. But there is no reason to believe a grown as adult, who is a guest at your house, is going to grab your shotgun while you’re sleeping and shoot it out in the backyard. You are way too ingrained in Massachusetts ideology.

Not unheard of for teens to be at an early 20s part.

Regardless, he is an irresponsible gun owner in any state and that reflects badly and harms all of us who are responsible gun owners.

Yeah. I think the biggest problem is his selection of friends. But that shouldn’t result in a lifetime ban on his second amendment right.

I never said lifetime. He should lose his license now and let him reapply at some point. Let him think about it for a year or two.

How do you know there weren't any kids at the party? If any random person in your house can grab a loaded shotgun and start blasting away without you knowing about it, then you're totally negligent and should lose your license.
Exactly, this is the kind of person that should never own a gun. He was completely irresponsible and you never mix alcohol and guns.

:rolleyes:
Fine, if there were kids at an early 20s party, then he was negligent in his firearm storage. But there is no reason to believe a grown as adult, who is a guest at your house, is going to grab your shotgun while you’re sleeping and shoot it out in the backyard. You are way too ingrained in Massachusetts ideology.
Sounds like there MAY have been alcohol involved which would increase the likelihood of something bad happening...

I never said lifetime. He should lose his license now and let him reapply at some point. Let him think about it for a year or two.

What do you think happens to people who lose their license in MA from an improper storage charge?

Sounds like there MAY have been alcohol involved which would increase the likelihood of something bad happening...
Oh crap, alcohol was being drunk when there was a gun in a closet? The horror! I need those things locked in a vault with biometric sensors before I take out a beer!

This guy should never own a firearm again.

This is just an absurd way of thinking and fosters the ridiculous amount of fear surrounding firearms put out daily by the media and those that want us disarmed. Apparently you’ve bought right into it after years of being told by the Dear Leaders how dangerous they are. But hey, I’m sure Maura will agree with you.

Apparently you can only like one out of three choices. It’s either guns, booze or stupid friends, but no combination of the three is allowed or you’re a PP for life. According to Maura and sadly a few people around here too.
Challenge Accepted!

I like guns.
4c49z9.jpg

Apparently you can only like one out of three choices. It’s either guns, booze or stupid friends, but no combination of the three is allowed or you’re a PP for life.
That's no way to go through life, son.

You are the one in control of your firearm. Just like you wouldn’t hand it to a felon friend you wouldn’t hand it to a dope of a friend and if you do, well bad on you and you will pay for that. If indeed it was “available” for anyone to grab, again the storage laws are clear in Mass despite them being somewhat ridiculous

"If the law supposes that," said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, "the law is an ass - an idiot".

By the way I am saddened that I know personally examples of cops doing the same thing with guns and well let's just say nothing ever happens. So my quote still stands. Not only that but to respond to an incident 'hey probable gunshot/fireworks, rev up the bat helicopter and call the justice league' then we need less cops. I'm not a cop hater by any stretch of the imagination. But overreaction can be just as stupid as standing around with one's hands in their pockets.

By the way I am saddened that I know personally examples of cops doing the same thing with guns and well let's just say nothing ever happens. So my quote still stands. Not only that but to respond to an incident 'hey probable gunshot/fireworks, rev up the bat helicopter and call the justice league' then we need less cops. I'm not a cop hater by any stretch of the imagination. But overreaction can be just as stupid as standing around with one's hands in their pockets.
NEMLEC was called and rightly so given the circumstances.

NEMLEC was called and rightly so given the circumstances.

Why? Because they were on mushrooms and known to possess firearms?

Here's an idea, don't roll up on the house for a victimless "crime" of a yard pop, and you won't have any tense standoff situations with armed residents who may be partaking in mushrooms.

What info do you have that we don't?

Why? Because they were on mushrooms and known to possess firearms?

Here's an idea, don't roll up on the house for a victimless "crime" of a yard pop, and you won't have any tense standoff situations with armed residents who may be partaking in mushrooms.

What info do you have that we don't?
Wow so you can see into the house and see there were no victims?? So special

you know zero of the backstory which amuses me.

Wow so you can see into the house and see there were no victims?? So special

you know zero of the backstory which amuses me.

No, I know the same amount as everyone else here posting based on public info.

You are acting smug and saying you have info we don't. So if you can shed some light on the situation, perhaps we would all come to a different conclusion.

You are "amused" that I, a pleab, don't have all the info you're privileged ass does? I asked a question.

" Why? Because they were on mushrooms and known to possess firearms?"

And then posed a hypothetical.

" Here's an idea, don't roll up on the house for a victimless "crime" of a yard pop, and you won't have any tense standoff situations with armed residents who may be partaking in mushrooms."

Followed by a DIRECT question.

" What info do you have that we don't?"

And your response is to be smug and say we amuse you? Call us special? Or specifically ME? How about you level with us why we are wrong here.

No, I know the same amount as everyone else here posting based on public info.

You are acting smug and saying you have info we don't. So if you can shed some light on the situation, perhaps we would all come to a different conclusion.

You are "amused" that I, a pleab, don't have all the info you're privileged ass does? I asked a question.

" Why? Because they were on mushrooms and known to possess firearms?"

And then posed a hypothetical.

" Here's an idea, don't roll up on the house for a victimless "crime" of a yard pop, and you won't have any tense standoff situations with armed residents who may be partaking in mushrooms."

Followed by a DIRECT question.

" What info do you have that we don't?"

And your response is to be smug and say we amuse you? Call us special? Or specifically ME? How about you level with us why we are wrong here.

You don’t know the backstory. I don’t deal in hypotheticals. You must have X-ray vision to discern there were no victims and if you could that then indeed you’d be special. I can’t see through walls instead I rely on what I see, hear etc

You don’t know the backstory. I don’t deal in hypotheticals. You must have X-ray vision to discern there were no victims and if you could that then indeed you’d be special. I can’t see through walls instead I rely on what I see, hear etc

Okay, here is what we are working from. From the PD themselves.
Billerica – On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at approximately 8:22 A.M., Billerica PD received a 911 emergency call reporting possible shots fired at 8 Harvard Road, Billerica. The caller reported seeing two individuals at the rear of the home, one of which was carrying what appeared to be a rifle. The caller, who does not reside at the reported address, further stated they heard what sounded like a gun being fired. On arrival, police were able to establish phone contact with one of the residents of the home who subsequently came out of the house at police request due to safety concerns. The resident, later identified as Travis Yailaian, 25, of 8 Harvard Road, confirmed that there were two additional adult males in the house. Both of these males were invited guests of Mr. Yailaian who had hosted a gathering of friends the night prior. Mr. Yailaian, who is a legally licensed gun owner, reported that he had been sleeping in the house and was suddenly awoken to a loud noise consistent with a gun shot. After exhaustive attempts were made to establish communication with the other occupants of the home, the NEMLEC SWAT team was called to assist Billerica Police with safely securing the home for a search warrant for firearms related to the reported gunfire. At approximately 1:15 P.M. the two adult males from inside #8 Harvard Road voluntarily exited. Police subsequently confirmed that nobody was injured and the home was deemed safe. The subsequent investigation determined that one of the invited guests, Dilan Kenney, 25, of Billerica, had walked out into the yard behind the residence and fired a single round from a shotgun that belonged to the homeowner.

Following a completed investigation into the incident, Billerica Police have filed charges:

Dilan Kenney, 25, of Billerica has been charged with: 1. Unlawful Possession Outside of Home of a Firearm in violation of MGL c. 269 § 10(a); 2. Discharge of a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling in violation of MGL c. 269 § 12E

Travis Yailaian, 25, of Billerica has been charged with: 1. Four (4) counts of Improper Firearm Storage in violation of MGL c. 140 § 131L; 2. Misleading a Police Investigation in violation of MGL c. 268 §13B

Both individuals will be arraigned in Lowell District Court on September 10, 2020. Both individuals are presumed innocent of the accusations until proven guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt in court.

No mention of any additional motives, only a search warrant pursuant to the reported gunfire. You are posing a hypothetical. You are stating that hypothetically there is more information. For the THIRD time, is there more information? Was Dilan unwell and actually refusing to allow Travis to repossess the firearms? Why was he not charged as such if so?

It's no wonder people are dying to know your area of patrol. If you typify the mentality of a typical cop, then it's no wonder they get a bad rep. "I know better then you, respect my authority"

Put up or shut up, what info do you have? Because with the information publicly stated by the PD, it was a victimless crime.

When I got SWATed at 2230 hrs on a simple statement from my soon to be EX and no creditable evidence. I got the full monty SWAT team and imported snipers, AND NO CALL FROM THE POLICE.

WTF is wrong with some people here ? The Billerica cops called talked & did everything but say pretty please.

Back
Top Bottom