"illegal discharge of a firearm" in Billerica

When I got SWATed at 2230 hrs on a simple statement from my soon to be EX and no creditable evidence. I got the full monty SWAT team and imported snipers, AND NO CALL FROM THE POLICE.

WTF is wrong with some people here ? The Billerica cops called talked & did everything but say pretty please.

Yeah, that's a fair point about the opportunity to have a less kinetic contact. My point is just why was further contact needed?

"Yes officer, we fired a shotgun from the back porch"

"Yes officer, I am licensed (Shouldn't even be a question but hey we are in DPRM)"

"No officer, no one is hurt, my weapons are secured"

"Okay sir, have a great day"

What was the actual crime that would require a search warrant?

More to the story than that. Lots more
If you actually knew the backstory you wouldn’t make such a dumb statement
Wow so you can see into the house and see there were no victims?? So special

you know zero of the backstory which amuses me.
You don’t know the backstory. I don’t deal in hypotheticals. You must have X-ray vision to discern there were no victims and if you could that then indeed you’d be special. I can’t see through walls instead I rely on what I see, hear etc

If you're in the know, please, please share. What backstory are you talking about? What evidence do you have that makes you think there IS a backstory, or something more than the police report?

If you DON'T know some secret-squirrel information, what the hell are you talking about?

Are you a statist authoritarian who believes that laws are just and right and proper because they're laws? 'cuz that's what this looks like. If that's not the case, you're doing a terrible job of representing your position.

This guy should never own a firearm again.
NEMLEC was called and rightly so given the circumstances.

Holy shit...

Where the hell does all this statist bullshit come from?

What’s that supposed to mean? Or are you intentionally comparing two things have zero to do with each other.
If you claim that Billerica PD thought there were victims inside the house,
then shouldn't they have promptly entered the house with a contact or rescue team?

If they didn't do that,
they didn't think there was a "victim" inside.

If you claim that Billerica PD thought there were victims inside the house,
then shouldn't they have promptly entered the house with a contact or rescue team?

If they didn't do that,
they didn't think there was a "victim" inside.
Swat rescues.

Yeah, that's a fair point about the opportunity to have a less kinetic contact. My point is just why was further contact needed?

"Yes officer, we fired a shotgun from the back porch"

"Yes officer, I am licensed (Shouldn't even be a question but hey we are in DPRM)"

"No officer, no one is hurt, my weapons are secured"

"Okay sir, have a great day"

You live in Mass ? What actual crime did I commit that would warrant a SWAT team ? Answer don't damn matter

If that young fella was a regular here on NES...
he probably never would have had more than a great party.

No, crazy AM shotgun blast, no visit from the POPO, no crazier visit from NEMLEC and his gun collection and his Gun Permit would be intact...

I ask everyone that brings up 'Guns'; "Ever checked out NES...?"

Violation of MGL C269 S12E
"Whoever discharges a ... shotgun within five hundred feet of a dwelling or other building in use, except with the consent of the owner or legal occupant thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one hundred dollars or by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than three months, or both."

Looking at the satellite picture, there's more than 10 houses within 500' of his porch.

Last edited:
Apparently you can only like one out of three choices. It’s either guns, booze or stupid friends, but no combination of the three is allowed or you’re a PP for life. According to Maura and sadly a few people around here too.

I like guns and booze, which I find go together just fine if you're not a dumbass, and I have a few stupid friends, but I keep them away from my guns and my booze!

Last edited:
I like guns and booze, which I find go together just fine, and I have a few stupid friends, but I keep them away from my guns and my booze!

Yep, nothing wrong with having a couple drinks or beers while packing. Why should you have to give up your means of protection just because you’re partaking in a perfectly legal recreation?

According to some here heading out to your backyard for a fire pit, drinks and music with friends means you’re irresponsible and should never own guns if you don’t disarm and lock them up first. I don’t understand that mentality and IMO it goes right along with the crazy libs just not trusting themselves around firearms because, well, they’re crazy and can’t control themselves.

The easy solution is just don’t be an idiot, no matter what you’re doing. If you are an idiot, then it generally sorts itself out sooner or later.

You live in Mass ? What actual crime did I commit that would warrant a SWAT team ? Answer don't damn matter

We only allow it to be so, because we allow it to be so. When tyranny becomes law... something about duty?
You shouldn't have been swatted anymore than the next guy. I am on BOTH of your sides.

Violation of MGL C269 S12E
"Whoever discharges a ... shotgun within five hundred feet of a dwelling or other building in use, except with the consent of the owner or legal occupant thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one hundred dollars or by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than three months, or both."

Looking at the satellite picture, there's more than 10 houses within 500' of his porch.

Yeah, I should have been more specific. Where I said "actual" I meant, what action truly warranted that response. Yes, I realize we should vote to change the law. No, that does not make the law just. My point was, even if he was absolutely in violation of MGL C269 S12E, does that actually merit a SWAT response for non compliance? What if I stop paying my taxes, what if I refuse to vacate, what if I refuse to comply with the constable when the town tries to do a move out, should I be SWATTED because I decided to protest unjust property taxation?

At the end of the day, every single law on the books is enforced through the threat of violence from the state. I am asking, does MGL C269 S12E really merit that violence in this case?

I like guns and booze, which I find go together just fine if you're not a dumbass
Yep, nothing wrong with having a couple drinks or beers while packing. Why should you have to give up your means of protection just because you’re partaking in a perfectly legal recreation?
Yep. Weren't the Continental Soldiers paid part of their wages with rum...?

Or, was that the Navy...?

Last edited:
No contest.

Just saying that in the wake of the incidence,
NESers can infer a little more about what was going on
from the behavior of the police,
beyond what's in the bald text of the news stories.
Yet you still have zero on the back story so there’s that

Back
Top Bottom