• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegal turkey hunter caught red handed.

Those unintentional 1.5 football-field archery AD's. LOL. It's like the guy trapped in the tower of the castle in Holy Grail. ("The cuuuuurtins?? Huuuuuuuge tracts of land.)

How do you accurately measure distance from a house/road ?
There was a bill proposed in NH to increase the distance from a dwelling from 300 feet, to 300 yards.

It got ITL'd in committee after everyone, including Col. Jordan, said there's no way to accurately estimate 900 feet, especially in the woods where you can't even see that far.

On the other hand, just about everyone can estimate 300 feet, because it's the length of a football field.

so the perp in question had purchased a hunting license but not spent the extra $10 on a turkey permit until after the fact??...

so the perp in question had purchased a hunting license but not spent the extra $10 on a turkey permit until after the fact??...
From the sounds of it yes. You'd be surprised at how many a**h***s do that. Only reason he got caught on that one is he was hunting posted land and the land owner saw what time he shot and called epo.

And it's worse than it sounds .......the turkey permit in mass is only $5. f***ing cheap prick.

Some guy in Mashpee shot a turkey with a handgun (I thought it was reported as a handgun) from inside his car last year or the year before. I'll have to go find the article...

2 years ago:

"(g) No person while hunting shall release an arrow from a bow upon or within 150 feet of any State or hard surfaced highway or within 500 feet of any dwelling in use, except as authorized by the owner or occupant thereof. "

Interesting that on this page (that obviously is not the legal document):

...they seem to suggest you can hunt your own land (with a bow) without permission from dwelling within 500 feet:
- Possession of a loaded firearm, discharge of a firearm, or hunting on the land of another within 500 feet of any dwelling or building in use, unless permitted by the owner or occupant.

Such a dumb law as we all know...

they seem to suggest you can hunt your own land (with a bow) without permission from dwelling within 500 feet:
- Possession of a loaded firearm, discharge of a firearm, or hunting on the land of another within 500 feet of any dwelling or building in use, unless permitted by the owner or occupant.
I think that it is assumed that you would give yourself permissio.
Such a dumb law as we all know...
Yes, the setbacks are ridiculou.

I see what you are saying. Awkward language on their part if I am hunting my own land. But yeah must be referring to not the land of the dwelling resident.
Its confusing and stupid.

If your on a small property that you have permission on, but still don't have permission of the neighbor who's house is within 500 feet, its written so they can fxck you with not having permission from the neighbor and write you up on it.

I have gotten permission from all my neighbors, even though none of their dwellings are technically not within 500 feet of where I'd shoot, say I wanted to shoot a deer or coyote off my deck should I feel like it. And have killed both deer and coyotes with the bow before off the deck. Turkeys.....I could have killed tons of them. They walk up on the deck and peck at the sliding doors sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom