I'm confused, what are we companies and products are we Boycotting again??

O I agree 10000% work is work and nothing else. They have a double standard for BLM, LGBTXYZ, and other PC causes....I don't want to be bombarded with that shit at work.
right, and thats while they are on the job...which is how it should be. nobody wants to be bombarded with political bullshit while buying tires, or is that just me. it's pretty much what i said in my original post.

I know "Dicks" , and "Nike" but who and what else? ...
That deli in town that didn't include the individual potato salad
I bought and paid for in my take-out lunch order.
Dead to me.
The clerk that messed up my order has probably now graduated high school,
and has a four-year college degree in "studies", but IDGAF.
Dead to me.
(Come to think of it, if they have a college degree in "studies",
they're probably still (not) scooping potato salad there).

I’m confused by your thread title

Don't forget any restaurant with some variation of "common man" in the name. F them.
^ This.

Sister-in-law from NJ adores the CM in Lincoln.
And when she invited us to join them at Lafayette Place on vacation,
I expressed interest, but warned that if she went to that restaurant one night,
we'd be eating at Woodstock Inn or something instead.
And told her why.
She wasn't expecting to hear that truth,
but evidently decided that discretion was the better part of reacting.

I'm boycotting all the closed stores and businesses.
(Except for a few desultory take-out buys),
we hadn't had an MA restaurant meal since the nonsense started, until...

We hit Smokey Bones in Tyngsboro athwart the Mall right before vacation.
And dammit, wouldn't you know my irrational aversion for MA beaneries was validated:

The Maid d'Hotel tried the "we need all your contact info because coronavirus" line on us.
Their target customer base must all live in their mother's basement or something,
because she was so gobsmacked at my "how about 'no'; 'no' works for us"
that I must have been the first person to tell her that.

Any movie on Netflix that looks like a good flick and then you turn it on and it's in another language with English friggin dubbed over it BGFAKFNNEHSJSKNDNDJ!!!
Well, except for "Amélie"; she's cute,
and you pretty much end the flick speaking French anyhow.

didn't goodyear come out with a statement today that said this was bogus and that slide never was part of the presentation?
No, they didn't.

AKRON, Ohio, August 19, 2020 – A Message from Goodyear to Our Customers, Partners and Associates:​
...​
First, the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class.​

"Goodyear corporate"; as if we GAF about the distinction.

Translation:
The slide was created by some dumbass Goodyear manager who fully intended it to apply to his employees. Corporate deeply regrets that he got caught.​

The other shoe ain't dropped until they publish a "those responsible have been sacked" press release.
Because they will probably lose enough business that a weasel memo doesn't suffice.

That deli in town that didn't include the individual potato salad
I bought and paid for in my take-out lunch order.
Dead to me.
The clerk that messed up my order has probably now graduated high school,
and has a four-year college degree in "studies", but IDGAF.
Dead to me.
(Come to think of it, if they have a college degree in "studies",
they're probably still (not) scooping potato salad there).

^ This.

Sister-in-law from NJ adores the CM in Lincoln.
And when she invited us to join them at Lafayette Place on vacation,
I expressed interest, but warned that if she went to that restaurant one night,
we'd be eating at Woodstock Inn or something instead.
And told her why.
She wasn't expecting to hear that truth,
but evidently decided that discretion was the better part of reacting.

(Except for a few desultory take-out buys),
we hadn't had an MA restaurant meal since the nonsense started, until...

We hit Smokey Bones in Tyngsboro athwart the Mall right before vacation.
And dammit, wouldn't you know my irrational aversion for MA beaneries was validated:

The Maid d'Hotel tried the "we need all your contact info because coronavirus" line on us.
Their target customer base must all live in their mother's basement or something,
because she was so gobsmacked at my "how about 'no'; 'no' works for us"
that I must have been the first person to tell her that.

Well, except for "Amélie"; she's cute,
and you pretty much end the flick speaking French anyhow.

No, they didn't.

AKRON, Ohio, August 19, 2020 – A Message from Goodyear to Our Customers, Partners and Associates:​
...​
First, the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class.​

"Goodyear corporate"; as if we GAF about the distinction.

Translation:
The slide was created by some dumbass Goodyear manager who fully intended it to apply to his employees. Corporate deeply regrets that he got caught.​

The other shoe ain't dropped until they publish a "those responsible have been sacked" press release.
Because they will probably lose enough business that a weasel memo doesn't suffice.

It gets worse.

It gets worse.
This brouhaha delivers:
  • Demonstration of how to troll a systematic evildoer: 1: Leak a smidgen of evidence of an egregious wrong. 2: Let corporate issue a press release that there's nothing to see here, move along. 3: Dump more evidence that refutes the press release. 4: Watch corporate go "hummina hummina hummina".
  • In 2020 the demand for racial hatred in America greatly exceeds the supply, and the gap has to be filled by manufactured outrage. (Hat tip: Instapundit). Was this racist graffiti carved into bathroom stalls dating to the 1970's? Or is it active racial unrest? Or is it fabricated by an erstwhile agitator?
  • None of the rank and file workers want this to spark a boycott that shutters the plant. But how many are going to go along with a union anti-Trump protest? Especially if the root cause of the problem turns out to be snowflake managers inventing zero-tolerance policies biased against blue collar Trump supporters?
If that policy is a non-solution to a hoax problem,
Goodyear should announce that all those managers have been sacked.

Middlesex Savings Bank (in case they were not already on the list). I was looking at some industrial zoned space in Nashua. 178sqft in an old mill building. The company that owns and manages the building is based here in MA and uses Middlesex Savings Bank. Their mortgage prohibits ANY firearms related businesses in the building. My need is solely for a NH FFL location to deal with manufacturers and distributors who hate MA. Get deliveries, log in, log out, bring them back to my MA shop.

F&CK Middlesex Savings Bank

Maybe get a NH supreme court ruling that the clause violates civil rights,
and is thus void as it is contrary to public policy.
If I had nothing better to do with my time than fight issues like this... Instead I will keep looking for appropriate space. North Massachusetts is getting worse day by day

It would be nice if folks throwing out company names to boycott gave the rest of us a clue as to why. Many are thoroughly explained (thanks for that), but some have no details.

I won’t buy, or spend my money on anything I determine is not in my interest. It’s really simple and these hand wringing morons complain8ng about so called boycotts can SABOD ‘s.

Back
Top Bottom