• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm still alive

Thank you to everyone who has been concerned about not seeing me around much lately! I really appreciate being missed. My mom came up for a few weeks, and I didn't get much computer time.

I've been struggling with whether or not to share where I'm at right now. After an email from Lynn, and much deliberation, I've decided to spill everything and see what happens. Please bear with me. This is probably going to be long.

When Tank left on this deployment, we had a plan in place to have our debt paid off by the time that he got home. We were doing really well until I found a $2,000 debt that I thought had already been taken care of, but was still outstanding. Still, I managed to keep things on track until I hurt my knee and decided that I needed to leave my job to prevent more serious knee problems. That was roughly in September. Since then, I've had to have some major oral surgery done, an alternator replaced in the truck, and things have been generally just falling apart financially.

As things sit right now, I haven't paid rent to my in-laws in two months, and if I want to get K-1 and my furnace fixed, I probably won't be paying rent this month either. The truck is due for inspection this month, and I need to figure out a way to get the windshield replaced and it will probably need some wiring work too before it will pass. I think I might be able to get the glass for it at a salvage yard in exchange for two junk cars that we can get rid of, but I haven't had a chance to get that arranged, and I still have to have it installed.

I found out last night that my Great Aunt who is like a Grandmother to me is in ICU in Ohio and not doing very well. She has been dealing with kidney failure for a few months now, and since Saturday has had at least 3 heart attacks that I know of. With everything else that is going on, I am hoping that there isn't a funeral because I don't see how I would be able to go.

Things are still up in the air as to when Tank is coming home. Tomorrow (the 16th) is my 26th birthday, and Thursday is our 4 year anniversary.

Needless to say, I'm an emotional wreck right now, and have been avoiding people rather than reaching out for friendship and support. I am thankful for what I have. I know that everything is going to work out. In some ways I really hope that Tank is able to stay in Iraq for a 3rd tour like he wants to so that we can finally have a savings account by the time he comes home. In other ways, I'm getting tired and would really love to have some help at home.

Please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks as I try to find my way through this rocky road.

Thanks for listening.

Holly,IM inbound.
Get ahold of the Family Support Group for your husbands unit. I know down here there are things in place to help families out for what ever it is you might need. Also the VFW might be able to help out also. I know the one near our sons unit is helping families,and giving like a grant.
I just don't know what is in place for your husbands unit. I know our family support unit leader has a whole list for different things. It would be a good place to start.

Sounds like life has been throwing you curve balls. I know the feeling well. I feel for your loss and hard times. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Adam

My condolences on your loss, MrsTank.

In addition to MrsWW's suggestions, you might want to talk to the town clerk to see if s/he knows of any local organizations that are helping out the families of deployed soldiers (Masons, JVW, Lions, Elks, Moose, etc). I know that Grafton and Marlboro have food banks, which might be one way to stretch your budget.

I know that you're going to be busy today thinking of your great-aunt, so I hope your 27th is happier than your 26th birthday.

Please accept my condolences as well.

I suggest that you contact the Veterans Agent in your town to see what assistance they might be able to provide or pointers where you can get some assistance.

Aw hun...I'm so sorry. Please know that you're in my thoughts and I'm sending you mega hugs. Just so you know - I've just spent over two years going through 6 hand surgeries and having 4 stents put in my heart. I had to quit working over 2 years ago due to the hand surgeries (I used to be a tailor - ah well). Things were REALLY hard financially with me being out of work, and my beloved hubby had to take on a part time job to make sure the bills got paid. Our credit rating sucked, etc. etc. etc. I really DO feel your pain. Just keep in mind that it WILL get better. It's getting MUCH better for me and it will for you and Tank too.

I'm glad you let everyone know the hurt you're in. You and Tank are family here, so I'm sure he's glad you let folks know what's going on. You DO have support here.

And speaking of support, if any of the "elves" on this forum want to sprinkle any magic dust - email me.

I have heat!! Fortunately 100 gallons of K-1 and patience with resetting the furnace worked and I didn't have to call the repair guy!

I have tenative arrangements made to get to OH for the funeral. I'm trying to finalize that now.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, MrsTank. When it rains it pours but it WILL get better.
It sounds like you've gotten some good info on where to start, make sure you take advantage.
It must be super hard on you and I can only imagine.
Take care of yourself. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I thank you all for the love and support you are giving to my better half.

Holly is my butterfly, the most delicate and buetiful thing I have ever seen. She is also the strongest person I have ever met. Never once has she complained about me being gone soo long or cried out for help for one of those "man" issues. She does the oil changes on my truck herself, does the tune-ups herself. Takes out garbage, cleans the house takes care of the lawn, shovels the snow, trims the trees, clears the ice.........and a host of other things that I would be doing were I home. Never once has she gripped about having to do it becasue I was over here.

It is having Holly at home supporting me so strongly that has enabled me to continue to serve over here for such an extended time. She is the reason I am soo proud of what I do and is also the reason I continue to serve doing what I do here.

I can not thank you enough for your support of MrsTank, she has been soo strong for soo long and continues to be soo because of support from folks like you.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Tank

No problem Tank. We're family and always take care of family no matter what. You do what you have to do to come home safe and sound to her. We'll handle things on this end. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom