In 'defund police' cities with rising crime, getting a gun no easy task: 'Near-impossible to get a permit'

Reptile

NES Member
Strict laws, lack of shops, pandemic-related delays contribute to difficulty
As crime spikes in many cities and calls to defund the police rise, so too has the demandfor guns -- yet while these trends widely are seen as related, it remains difficult or time-consuming in many of these same places to get a firearm.

placeholder
Firearm-related background checks reached 3.9 million nationally in June, the most since the tracking system was created more than two decades ago, a sign of booming sales. The FBI conducted 3.6 million such checks in July, the second-highest number on record. Mark Oliva, director of public affairs for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers, said the confluence of calls to defund police along with civil unrest and various crime connected to that is "unquestionably ... why this trend is increasing."

Aside from unrest in places like Seattle, chaos erupted overnight in Chicago in response to a police-involved shooting.

But in some of the Democrat-dominated cities taking steps to defund or curtail their police departments, worrying many that response times may be increased as resources are stretched thin, getting a gun for personal protection is no easy task.

Reasons include tight gun laws, pandemic-related backlogs and even a dearth of stores.

The smart ones are just going to get an 80% frame and a Dremel.

If it came down to protecting my family or waiting in line to jump through hoops like a f***in circus dog for months I'd be right there in the proliferation of illegal ghost guns.

Luckily for everyone concerned, I have my ltc and everything I would need because I planned ahead.

Doesn't sound like getting a gun is very hard based on how many people are getting shot. Maybe permits but not guns.

Getting a gun "legally". Hell I could have had one 5 minutes after a phone call instead of waiting for my LTC, but, you know...

If it came down to protecting my family or waiting in line to jump through hoops like a f***in circus dog for months I'd be right there in the proliferation of illegal ghost guns.

Luckily for everyone concerned, I have my ltc and everything I would need because I planned ahead.

Smart people still living in Chicago? It's not like the state of that shithole snuck up on anyone.

Recall that Seattle Commissar commission passed a tax on guns and ammo with the specific (unwritten) intent of forcing all gun stores to move out of the city and end all ammunition sales in the city. It was never about revenue.
This is how Seattle starts a fresh wave of gentrification.

Good luck with the dremel....

THAT article suggests (without saying it) that that Tommy was arrested for manufacturing or selling the "ghost" guns.

View: https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterMass/posts/thomas-gallagher-of-worcester-and-nathan-smith-of-leicester-were-arrested-sunday/2315822778530922/

Here, it's claimed that he didn't have a license, which has nothing whatsoever to do with HOW he came to possess the guns.

There is NOTHING illegal about a person (even in Mass) that can own firearms and has the require permission slip (FID/LTC) making guns with 3d printers, machine tools or from scrap parts they bought at Home Depot.

Even WITHOUT the permission slip, you can make all the black powder / reproduction "antiques" that you care to.

Strict laws, lack of shops, pandemic-related delays contribute to difficulty
As crime spikes in many cities and calls to defund the police rise, so too has the demandfor guns -- yet while these trends widely are seen as related, it remains difficult or time-consuming in many of these same places to get a firearm.

placeholder
Firearm-related background checks reached 3.9 million nationally in June, the most since the tracking system was created more than two decades ago, a sign of booming sales. The FBI conducted 3.6 million such checks in July, the second-highest number on record. Mark Oliva, director of public affairs for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers, said the confluence of calls to defund police along with civil unrest and various crime connected to that is "unquestionably ... why this trend is increasing."

Aside from unrest in places like Seattle, chaos erupted overnight in Chicago in response to a police-involved shooting.

But in some of the Democrat-dominated cities taking steps to defund or curtail their police departments, worrying many that response times may be increased as resources are stretched thin, getting a gun for personal protection is no easy task.

Reasons include tight gun laws, pandemic-related backlogs and even a dearth of stores.

Didn't stop Paul kersey

Anybody who suddenly discovers the need to protect their family via firearms
as the Antifa riot drum major rounds the corner onto their street,
ain't gonna Dremel their way to safety. They're going to...
... buy one from some sketchy dude with a skateboard, ...
=====

Didn't Obama say that it was easier to buy a gun Than a book. Or something like that.
I think he said it was easier to shoot a gun than to write a book.
=====

An Aug'20 article claiming they were arrested in New Hampshire
for possessing a bunch of legally possessable possessions.
Perfectly legal to possess unless a year earlier they were busted in Mass.
for reeking of pot in possession of gunz:
THAT article suggests (without saying it) that that Tommy was arrested for manufacturing or selling the "ghost" guns.
Here (( MassLive: 2 men arrested on gun charges after off-duty officers spot them at shooting range in Warren )), it's claimed that he didn't have a license, which has nothing whatsoever to do with HOW he came to possess the guns.

There is NOTHING illegal about a person (even in Mass) that can own firearms and has the require permission slip (FID/LTC) making guns with 3d printers, machine tools or from scrap parts they bought at Home Depot.

But since they're stoners, they're not people who can own firearms in Mass.
So the point is moot.

And I bet that they won't hire defense counsel good enough
to convince the court to extend Comm. v. Rodriguez
to puncture probable cause on the bust in Warren, MA.

We are living in a climate of animus against the police. The result is already apparent in soaring crime rates, as cops pull back from the proactive police work that keeps us safe.

No problem, send in the Social Workers, Psychologists, and Volunteers willing to risk life and limb to prevent another needless death of a druggie or gang-member.

Back
Top Bottom