• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In general, what kind of gun law do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvIax

Banned
We have sworn too much about the current gun law in our nation. What exactly the gun law we want it to be?

It gets complicated if we start thinking, isn't it?

I say get rid of any form of firearm roster list or mag ban...

Last edited:
Not really.

You're either a dangerous person/felon, and you should be in jail. Or you're not, and you should be free with the rights that all free people have, including self defense.

Are you trolling, or do you have a specific example in mind, or some particular gun law you believe has more upsides than down?

if there is no limit, a normal person can own an RPG...I can think a few reasons that I would not be alive because of a few crazy people.

It was written 223 years ago.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am strongly against, firearm roster list, or mag ban...silly stuff. But I do think a criminal background or mental medical history check is necessary.

We have sworn too much about the current gun law in our nation. What exactly the gun law we want it to be?

simple. One that reads as follows:

"Whereas all arms laws currently on the books are unconstitutional by definition, all such laws in all jurisdictions are hereby abolished."

if there is no limit, a normal person can own an RPG...I can think a few reasons that I would not be alive because of a few crazy people.
IBTL. This will get ugly quickly. We had a discussion like that about sarin gas once with many NESers saying you should be able to buy barrels of it at Home Depot.

Personally, I'm ok with full-auto and with grenades (because a substitute in the form of a Molotov cocktail is readily available), but that's where I draw the line. With legal/licensing stuff my response would be much longer.

Have another beverage... try not to think too much. It is much less complicated that way. Merry Chrismas!

I am strongly against, firearm roster list, or mag ban...silly stuff. But I do think a criminal background or mental medical history check is necessary.

move to Europe dude. They hate freedom there. You'll fit right in.

223 years ago, people don't have RPG or anti tank weapons.

Technically they did. It is called a cannon, the most powerful weapon of the day back then. A big number of the cannon used in the revolution were privately owned. If not for those privately owned cannon being loaned to the continental army, we would still be drinking tea and eating crumpets at tea time.

So you support the arbitrary removal of people's rights without due process?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to go to Walmart and pick up a 6 pack, 40mm grenade launcher, and a case of grenades, all for 149.99 paid in cash.

2.23 years ago, people don't have RPG or anti tank weapons.

Dude you could own cannons . Mother ****ing cannons.
You shoot one ball at a mass of people do you know how many get messed up. Or you fill it with shrapnel .
Do you know if you where on a boat your more Likely to die from the splinters going through your body .

You can all ready get rpg type stuff if your willing to pay and it's legal . It's not that hard to get a explosives license . I have a few family members with them because of work .

Let alone just learning basics chemistry you can make some pretty deadly shit just out of house hold items .

The idea of banning any thing from privet ownership is just a form of the government controlling you.

Last edited:
So you support the arbitrary removal of people's rights without due process?

So you support the mentally ill or felon own whatever firearms they want?

Last edited by a moderator:
223 years ago, people don't have RPG or anti tank weapons.

They had cannon though... thank god you are OK with having a home defense cannon and a few mortars in the back of the truck.

Oh, my... you do realize that cannon IS an anti-tank weapon, right? And they had it 223 years ago... way in advance of needing it against tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom