• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In general, what kind of gun law do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this has been another fine "Out Yourself" thread.

These guns should be banned...

dude__check_out_these_guns__by_bigbergman-d6zm6in.jpg

... 'cause I've seen a few shops in my time.

Seriously, what country are you from OP?

I think some village somewhere is missing one of their useful idiots.

Let me explain my "coward" comment.

You said this:

On the contrary, you act more like Obama who doesn't know/doesn't want to negotiate. Or even trying to make it work. Look what damage has he cost?

OK. Let's negotiate.

You're a gun owner willing to negotiate and I want to take your guns.

What are you going to give up? You personally don't think you'll give up anything because you're not a felon, and you're certainly not mentally ill. So let's make it so that felons and people that I decide are mentally ill can't have guns.

So the negotiation involves you giving away someone else's rights. Fair enough.

A negotiation implies that you give something up and get something in return.

You gave up some poor bastard's rights. What did you get in return?

More safety and security? No, not really. You already agreed that laws won't stop a truly dangerous person from committing mayhem.

You gave up rights for the illusion of security.

That's being a coward. If it's not, please tell me where I missed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the op's idea was here.

There should be NO GUN LAWS. Don't like that, you don't like the 2a.

Dial it back. Now.

No more personal attacks or I start handing out infractions. I'm already in a pissy mood, so don't make my day.

What giving in? I have not make any point except asked what kind of gun law we could live with it?

For starters, maybe Arizona's....yet even THAT has its' restrictions (thanks to the Feds), and there should not be any restrictions, period. Lock up criminals, lock up murderers, keep them there (or lethl-inject them), and LEAVE ME THE F*CK ALONE SINCE I AM A LAW-ABIDING, LEGAL CITIZEN.

Period.

Now how much further would you like to take this useless thread? (Is there a moderator in the house??)

Attachments

• 15936777-mmmain.jpg
    15936777-mmmain.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 30
(Is there a moderator in the house??)

You mean besides the three that have posted in this thread in the last ten minutes?

ETA: We need to let these "out yourself" threads runs for a while every so often.

It helps sort out the freedom haters among us.

Last edited:
How about a gun law that makes you apply to a local agency, then they send it to another agency,and they send it to another agency. Then it makes it back to the first place you applied and someone you never met decides if you can get a gun permit or not.
Oh $hit we have that already.[laugh]

Last edited:
Let me explain my "coward" comment.

You said this:

OK. Let's negotiate.

You're a gun owner willing to negotiate and I want to take your guns.

What are you going to give up? You personally don't think you'll give up anything because you're not a felon, and you're certainly not mentally ill. So let's make it so that felons and people that I decide are mentally ill can't have guns.

So the negotiation involves you giving away someone else's rights. Fair enough.

A negotiation implies that you give something up and get something in return.

You gave up some poor bastard's rights. What did you get in return?

More safety and security? No, not really. You already agreed that laws won't stop a truly dangerous person from committing mayhem.

You gave up rights for the illusion of security.

That's being a coward. If it's not, please tell me where I missed.

A good law won't stop EVERY truly dangerous person...

Most gun owners other than fudds don't support any violations of our civil rights. Why should I have to have a background check to buy a gun but voters don't have to get background checks, or bloggers, or news anchors/reporters? I don't support any laws limiting my most basic human rights. Sorry but you're not going to find a lot of support for your statism here.

I have liberals tell me all the time that because a gun is involved, it's different.

You mean besides the three that have posted in this thread in the last ten minutes?

ETA: We need to let these "out yourself" threads runs for a while every so often.

It helps sort out the freedom haters among us.

This, all day. It is a good reminder that some gun owners are willing to roll over and sell the rest of us out.

Serious Answer One : Thou Shalt not commit Murder. Really , that's all the gun control and weapons law we need.

FU & still serious answer Two :

I'll compromise.

Scrap every gun law , sit down with a pen and paper , and write me up a set that applies to All private citizens who aren't locked up and over the age of ... 4 foot 10 inches ... AND ALL local/county/State & federal LEO ( including National Guard) alike. This must include things in past use as well - like M-14s ...

If the National Guard or ATFE can't have have it , I'll give it up , too. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom