• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In need of a safe, current Winchester died

Been watching this thread because I also have a win safe from TS with electronic lock for 3 years now. Am I following this correctly by assuming that if or when the keypad goes bad and the safe is locked closed, the keypad can be replaced without having to open the safe?

Been watching this thread because I also have a win safe from TS with electronic lock for 3 years now. Am I following this correctly by assuming that if or when the keypad goes bad and the safe is locked closed, the keypad can be replaced without having to open the safe?

Correct, because.....

SUCCESS! (lot's of pictures inbound)

So you have a TS Winchester safe with an electronic lock that is going (or has gone bad). Well, shit. Fear not.

Credit to icyclefar for link it

Go buy one of these from here. Ships fast.

Now for the pix.

Start where it all went wrong
QfIpGl.jpg

Peel off the number pad sticker
YpXDQM.jpg

Peel up the contact pad to expose the screws
fG0dZ5.jpg

eZmRla.jpg

Unscrew the old keypad and flip it over. Save the screws for later.
dMZ1cZ.jpg

The board is held on with one time use nuts, so rip them off with some needle nose pliers and then take the board out and flip it over
0PEm5u.jpg

Carefully pull out the computer like plug that goes into the safe and chuck the old keypad. Grab your new kaypad
2JBG1l.jpg

UiOIiH.jpg

Remove the back cover and remove the cable that connects to the safe
kvrqsx.jpg

ksjcXc.jpg

7mpwtO.jpg

Use the old keypad screws and carefully / slowly work them back and forth into the top and bottom holes. The old screws are self tapping, but they need to cut threads into the top and bottom so go easy. Do not use the provided screws, they'll snap off before they get deep enough.

xdzgTy.jpg

Once the screws are tightened enough so the base can be popped off (remember, you'll need to remove the whole assembly to install the battery), pop the base off, leave the cable threaded through it and attach the cable to the back of the keypad
MMlUBh.jpg

Now all you have to do is screw the base to they keypad, install battery, push the whole assembly down over the screws and your GTG
RVKhBV.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!'

That site is going to see a sure of sales to the Northeast, lol.
I know there was a time a few years back when everyone was recommending and buying this model safe.
Mine may go another 5 years, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and order that puppy now.
🤓

Nice to know it went well. Thanks for the step by step picks and posted link. Have to order one to have on hand just in case, even if I never use it.

I was late to this party and see you already replaced the electronic lock. That's the spirit.

I have the same safe it looks like. Was this keypad a direct replacement for the la gard? I may buy one and keep it on the shelf just in case...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom