• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Info & Thoughts on LTC application process Saugus Ma

I recently took my firearms safety class from mass firearms school and was excited to get my applications submitted. Filled out the paperwork got my recommendations made the call to Saugus PD. A few days later I received a call from Saugus's finest expecting to hear a date (keep in mind Saugus is by appointment only no application drop off) for my appointment. Instead I was informed that there was 45-60 applicants ahead of me and they were booked 3 months out(not to mention the time it will take to be approved or denied for the LTC). I was told I would be put on a call back list and would be addressed in the near future. I let the ice water in my veins flow replied with a thank you for your time sir and hung up. Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this type of process before. Don't seem right.

their are a lot of police depts. doing this----they hope you will give up and go away---apparently they don't know who their dealing with---

wait it out , do what you have to do, and eventually you will get your ltc------- is this right???????????????? or legal????? ( or even moral??)

of course not. but i can't imagine anyone who's taken the firearms training to give up

Last edited:
you saying theyre trying to fluff and buff me

exactly----for reference purposes only, Brockton is booking appointments about 6 weeks out, and licenses are printed about 6 weeks after

fall river is pulling the same routine as you're dealing with in Saugus

stick to your guns??? so to speak and you'll eventually get it.. easier to move to a more gun friendly state? maybe

more noble to stand and fight in my opinion

Every anti town is doing this. They want to discourage you. My wife is going through the same thing. LO is conveniently busy every time she calls and she calls back when they say and hell be busy. Load of horse sh!t

Not completely true. Got mine from green Beverly and waited 3 months for an appt, 5 more for an unrestricted LTC-A. They are very busy, but it also has to do with the time they set aside for appointments. There was no appointed staff member. I met with the chief personally and he only does appointments a couple days a week. System is a joke.

their are a lot of police depts. doing this----they hope you will give up and go away---apparently they don't know who their dealing with---

wait it out , do what you have to do, and eventually you will get your ltc------- is this right???????????????? or legal????? ( or even moral??)

of course not. but i can't imagine anyone who's taken the firearms training to give up

no....not in Saugus...It's a very green town with a very good Lt in charge of licensing. He's very pro 2A and based on the tons of various shells displayed in his office, a gunny himself. I renewed back in the fall and haven't got my new license yet and am solidly into my grace period. I think it's the state, not the town.

Saugus is far from an anti town. I moved inti town before Newtown and got my LTC in four weeks. The delays have grown as applications are going up. If you are clean, they don't bust balls on restrictions. Guy is super nice, but he does LTC processing as a part time gig. He really does do the best he can, and the delays are unacceptable but it is not intentional with this guy. It's a failure to put enough resources in LTC processing and a failure by the legislature for the scheme we have now.

I've got my appointment next week. I scheduled it in July.

The saugus guy only works in the LTC office 2 days a week for what seems like 1-2 hours tops. I've heard that he approves most apps though, so that's a plus.

Just got my renewed license this week in the mail. Applied at end of October. Went into grace period earlier this month. he does the best he can.

I've got my appointment next week. I scheduled it in July.

The saugus guy only works in the LTC office 2 days a week for what seems like 1-2 hours tops. I've heard that he approves most apps though, so that's a plus.

yeah it sucks. I don't know if he's completely part time or if it's just this aspect of his job that's part time....he's also the sex offender registry guy. So it's great to walk into the lobby and declare to the goons behind the glass that you're there to see him.

unfortunately you gotta just be patient. He pretty much only issued non restricted class A so as long as you aren't a prohibited person you'll get your license.

Saugus is really not an anti town. I have a friend who lives in Saugus who got a very polite call from the licensing cop and he actually apologized for the delay and told my buddy come down and pick it up if he wanted it that day.

Back
Top Bottom