• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Inspo thread: Post your hunting gear

Looking for some inspiration besides the $10K rifles and what not you see on the internet from "influencers". Post them below.

Killed a lot of deer with my Excalibur.

Bob

17-CE0-CFC-E38-F-46-B5-90-AD-5-F82-F02383-BE.jpg

Summit with the military backpack straps. Sorry Peterk. Im getting to old to sit in a saddle

Attachments

• F8D72CAD-33BE-4DA7-8164-5F6284BA631C.jpeg
    F8D72CAD-33BE-4DA7-8164-5F6284BA631C.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 30
The best investment ive made so far is a butt cushion. I dont do treestand stuff so this may not be relevant to you guys.

I bought an 8.5 pound Lone Wolf Assault 1 (not made anymore) for about 250ish dollars. Love that stand. Also bought a set of Hunting Beast climbing sticks which are nice and lightweight... Makes for a nice mobile setup. All in the setup is about 17 pounds with stealth strips and straps/buckles, etc. and I can get into any tree.... Crooked trees, trees with limbs, etc...

The best investment ive made so far is a butt cushion. I dont do treestand stuff so this may not be relevant to you guys.

I’m a ground pounder as well. After trying a bunch of different chairs/seats I spent the money on a Waldrop PacSeat. It’s spendy but it is comfortable and flexible.
If you aren’t comfortable you won’t be able to sit still and the deer will pick you out long before you see them.

Bob

You could heave up a mammoth with that setup!
I use it for other stuff too, pulling up the front end on my tractor and changing blades, moving heavy stuff in and out out of my truck.
Its nice, when i get a deer I just back the truck in hook the head up or rear hams and pull it right up.

Its rated for 400#.....but you have to be careful not to overload the floor joists too..

I used an HME Hitch Hoist for those tasks. It’s a little sloppy but it works well and It fits well in the front of the bed under the game cart.

The gambrel holders at the top are a great addition when you want to use it as a meat pole as it keeps the deer from rotating.

I modified mine last year to use it for skinning deer as well. Hopefully I will get a chance to try it out this year. Time will tell. I’m recovering from a back operation.

Bob

truck-hitch-winch-gambrel-hme-HH.jpg

Truck Hitch Game Hoist Kit | HME Products

Back
Top Bottom