Instructor Course -- NRA Basic Pistol & Home Firearms Sa

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Jon Green and I will be conducting a GOAL Foundation NRA Basic Pistol and Home Firearms Safety Instructor's course on October 21st to 23rd at the GOAL office in Northboro, MA.

For details about this course, visit http://www.thegoalfoundation.org/coursedescriptions.htm

Feel free to send me a PM or post on this list if you have questions about this instructor course.

Instructor Course

I would highly recommend this course. Once you've taken the NRA instructor's course, you'll have a level of "expert documentation" which goes above the average joe - despite the poor quality control of the NRA instructor training program (flame away!!).

That is not to say that the specific course referred to here is poor quality - just that the NRA oversight of what it takes to become an "instructor" is weak at best. All of that being said, NRA Instructor is the one non-law enforcement credential most likely to be accepted as evidence of your competence..

You even get to sign RI carry permit applications if you can find some Army-L targets :).

Consider some other disciplines :

Scuba - You don't become a recognized instructor by PADI, NAUI or the YMCA without an extensive amount of training, experience, and verified expertise.

Sky Diving - Ditto.

General Aviation - Another ditto.

Handgun - Basic competence; 2 day course; no experience teaching required to get the certification. You can go from newbie to "certified NRA instructor" in less time that it takes to get a card to have your scuba tanks filled; sky dive without a jumpmaster; or solo a small aircraft.

Interstingly, the NRA has started to apply what appear to be "real standards" to their "refuse to be a victim" program, including doing actual teaching under supervision or providing a tape of your presentation skills to NRA HQ.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom