Instructor license/certification for CCW/LTC

Please correct me if I am wrong.

in NJ, the handgun training class needed to get a handgun permit to carry is a NRA Basic Pistol class taught by an instructor with live fire?

Does NJ, require any state licensing to be an instructor? I ask because to get a Texas LTC you have to be taught by an instructor licensed by Texas. Meaning you have to have a Texas LTC instructor license.

Does being an instructor make it easier to obtain a NJ LTC/CCW? Does NJ allow for traveling instructors? Or does an Instructor have to have a NJ address?

if all it takes is a NRA Basic Pistol course taught by an instructor to count as training for NJ, does that instructor have to teach the class in NJ? Or in other words, does one have to be a resident to be an instructor?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

in NJ, the handgun training class needed to get a handgun permit to carry is a NRA Basic Pistol class taught by an instructor with live fire?

Does NJ, require any state licensing to be an instructor? I ask because to get a Texas LTC you have to be taught by an instructor licensed by Texas. Meaning you have to have a Texas LTC instructor license.

Does being an instructor make it easier to obtain a NJ LTC/CCW? Does NJ allow for traveling instructors? Or does an Instructor have to have a NJ address?

if all it takes is a NRA Basic Pistol course taught by an instructor to count as training for NJ, does that instructor have to teach the class in NJ? Or in other words, does one have to be a resident to be an instructor?

NJ doesn't require anything as far as training. they require a Release of Mental Health Records and fingerprinting.

However the chance of getting one is greater than hitting the Powerball.

After the application and required paperwork and prints are filed, the local department will do the background check. At this point it will most likely be denied based on need. Even if a permit is approved, it must be signed off by a Superior Court Judge.

In all the years of seeing paperwork come across my desk I've never seen one approved. Even one very well connected surgeon couldn't get it approved. NJ NJ does not recognize out of state carry permits. NJ does not issue non-resident permits.

NJ doesn't require anything as far as training. they require a Release of Mental Health Records and fingerprinting.

However the chance of getting one is greater than hitting the Powerball.

After the application and required paperwork and prints are filed, the local department will do the background check. At this point it will most likely be denied based on need. Even if a permit is approved, it must be signed off by a Superior Court Judge.

In all the years of seeing paperwork come across my desk I've never seen one approved. Even one very well connected surgeon couldn't get it approved. NJ NJ does not recognize out of state carry permits. NJ does not issue non-resident permits.

NJ doesn't issue permits, PERIOD. Just say it like it really is.

At this time they don’t. But there are several new cases pending and currently been stayed pending the NY SCOTUS case. So when NY looses next year. Those cases pending against New Jersey will shortly thereafter invalidate NJ’s LTC laws.

At this time they don’t. But there are several new cases pending and currently been stayed pending the NY SCOTUS case. So when NY looses next year. Those cases pending against New Jersey will shortly thereafter invalidate NJ’s LTC laws.
It's a very tender notion, but we'll see. We need to prevail, first of all, and that's by no means guaranteed. Then the decision has to be written by someone with cojones. Given that Roberts is likely to come down in the positive it'll probably be him writing the decision. Prepare for weasel words.

Then states have to actually follow the ruling. Don't expect that NY and NJ et. al. are just going to give up their anti 2A baloney just because SCOTUS says so.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it will never happen in NJ.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it will never happen in NJ.

well guess what…

It happened…. NYSPRA v Bruen… and Bruen Lost… the NJ State AG, now has conceded that “good cause” will no longer be needed.

So again… for training, and/or qualification what is needed? It doesn’t specifically say in their laws.

Back
Top Bottom