• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interested in reloading...

I want to get into reloading - but to be honest I really don't know much about it. I know there are different types of presses, etc - what's the best place to get some basic introductory knowledge about reloading/reloading equipment so that I can be smart about it.

I do plan on taking the massreloading class, but I want to be properly equipped before so!

I plan to reload .45 acp primarily, but I also shoot 9mm & .357 sig in handguns / .308 and 7.62 in rifles...

Thanks for any heads up/advice in advance...!

If your taking the reloading class your doing the right thing to get started. Just make sure anything your "learning" is by someone that knows what they are doing.
I suggest ABC's of Reloading for some nice reading up on the routine.

Get yourself a couple reloading manuals.
Think about which press and your budget.
Start picking up and keeping your brass.
You will get your list of reloading essentials from your class or the books. Suggestion is to get a bullet puller you will need it at some point. Get a few case gauge checkers for the calibers your reloading this will save you from making a mistake and thinking your recipe is good to go.

Oh yeah and take it slow and steady when you start. Safety first its not a race.

Eddie - I guess Im looking more at equipment recommendations. So that I can bring the proper equipment to class. I don't want to buy junk or something that I don't need...

Eddie - I guess Im looking more at equipment recommendations. So that I can bring the proper equipment to class. I don't want to buy junk or something that I don't need...

The only thing you'll need to bring to the class is a pen and safety glasses. I bring all the equipment, supplies, training materials, etc.

It's probably better to hold off on buying equipment until after the class. You''l know what you need then.

Don't buy anything else until after the class. You will have a much better understanding of what you will need in a press and save lots of money wasted on junk you won't use.

Back
Top Bottom