Interesting afternoon at the range today

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
So this afternoon Luv2BFree (a newly-minted Red Hat) and I snuck off to HSC to do a little shootin'. After playing around with my Win 94 in .44 Mag, we got out the AR-15 and the M-1 Garand, as she hadn't had a chance to play with either one.

So while shooting the AR, I decided to try seated... and discovered that I was shooting about a 4 to 5 MOA grouping in seated... considerably better than I'd done before in a seated position. I haven't tried seated in many months - but spending several days critiquing others' seated positions seems to have helped me get my own position dialed in.

Now I need to practice it more so I can get my NPOA faster...

I really like teaching at Appleseed Shoots, but it's cutting into my shooting time... [laugh]

Oh, yah... and when the plate rack won't drop the plate after hitting it with a half-dozen Europellets, one shot from a 2.5" Model 19 loaded with full house .357s drops it with, as they say, authoritay! [grin]
sniper.gif

Last edited:
Oh, yah... and when the plate rack won't drop the plate after hitting it with a half-dozen Europellets, one shot from a 2.5" Model 19 loaded with full house .357s drops it with, as they say, authoritay! [grin]
sniper.gif
Oooooh Yeaaahhhh

I like my 9s, but nothing lays the smack down like the .357 Magnum.

Keep shooting the AR Ross.

4-5 MOA at 100 is nothing to sneeze at all. Maintain that while you're moving to/from target during whatever drills and it's something to be proud of.

Nice job man. [thumbsup]

So this afternoon Luv2BFree (a newly-minted Red Hat)...

Alright! WTG, ALIX! Remember folks, this is someone who shot Rifleman at Harvard in pouring rain, inches of mud, and without a sling. Dangerous, indeed. You've come a long way in such a short time! Congrats!

4-5 MOA sitting. Not bad, Ross, not bad at all. A good reminder that I need to get out and practice some more. The last time I shot 4 MOA sitting was during an AQT for score, IIRC. [thinking]

Todd / CJ

Back
Top Bottom