interesting find

Twigg

NES Member
Got out for a little scouting today in an area I haven't tried yet. Had to hike waaaay in about a mile where I found major deer sign, rubs & scat all in one little area.

On the way out I found this winterkill. The tips are gnawed a bit but otherwise its in good shape.
100_9497.jpg

Used to be a 10 pointer. Should be a good season.

MrTwigg ~ Nice photo, it really shows the season with all the foliage around.
Just wondering if you took that rascal home with you?

Last edited:
MrTwigg ~ Nice photo, it really shows the season with all the foliage around.
Just wondering if you took that rascal home with you?

Yep. Actually took the photo in my backyard as I didn't have the camera when I was out scouting. I will have it next time though. Most of the rubs I found were about five to six feet up on the saplings.

Should be some big deer back there. [smile]

Yep. Actually took the photo in my backyard as I didn't have the camera when I was out scouting. I will have it next time though. Most of the rubs I found were about five to six feet up on the saplings.

I was wondering where the REST of the deer was!

I was doin guards this weekend down at Camp Edwards... was WAAAYYYYY out in the northwest corner of the base in the middle of nowhere.... deer, turkey, cyote, you name it, there were trax..... freakin turkeys arent really that dumb though.. theyre all living in the lower 5 k acres where you cant hunt!!! ... AND ... EPOs are out there... met em .... dont do it.. be legal

Five or six feet up.....Hmmmmm, me thinks a moose made them.

You have a nice rack though. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom