• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting Picture of a High School Shooting Competition

And see what someone is saying about it?

This last one is a little creepy. What is a kid doing with a big gun at school? I mean, it looks obvious that he isn't causing trouble, but it is kind of an odd subject. The pic is well composed though

dwarven1 said:
And see what someone is saying about it?

This last one is a little creepy. What is a kid doing with a big gun at school? I mean, it looks obvious that he isn't causing trouble, but it is kind of an odd subject. The pic is well composed though

Perhaps the one who made that comment is not aware that shooting is already considered a SPORT!

In archery: What was the purpose of bow and arrows again? Didnt hear ya!

We had a high school rifle team in Watertown Ma of all places. This was in the early 1970s. I shot on the team all 3 years of school. There was at the time a Middlesex Scholastic League. Don't know when it got disbanded. We shot against Waltham, Concord. Acton, Braintree, Wayland, and Malden. Malden actually had a range in the attic of the high school. Other matches were shot at PDs and national guard armories .

Bedford still has a rifle team. I think it's all air rifles but at least it gets kids started shooting.

Augusta, ME has a very active High School program. They send a team to Camp Perry and the Junior Olympics every year.

I was on the Norwood High smallbore team, second half of 70's.
We practiced & had our home matches in the basement of the Police station. Our gear was very basic, but accurate enough .22's.

Moderator said:
It must be nice to bear arms without getting crap for it.

Yeah, huh? When hubby and I move to a more gun friendly state, it's gonna take a while for us to get accustomed to not being lower than a 2nd class citizen.

Lynne said:
Moderator said:
It must be nice to bear arms without getting crap for it.

Yeah, huh? When hubby and I move to a more gun friendly state, it's gonna take a while for us to get accustomed to not being lower than a 2nd class citizen.

Down here you will be treated like a royalty! $$$[wink]

Back
Top Bottom