Intersting chat with MSP

That 14 round mag is ridiculous. Its interesting that Glock gets 13 rounds into a standard sized grip.

Well, the reason is obvious, the grip circumference of the G21 is much larger and the aggressive grip angle gives you some space to stack more rounds in there.

-Mike

Well, the reason is obvious, the grip circumference of the G21 is much larger and the aggressive grip angle gives you some space to stack more rounds in there.

-Mike
This, hate it.

gaze long enough into the meat and the meat also gazes into you.

You know it sweetcheeks.

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_n1mdsqNpLd1sxevpdo1_250.gif

Have you shot a gen 4 large frame glock?

I don't recall noticing it was any larger than my M&P. Although I have not compared them side by side.

Don

Yes, I have owned 2 different G21Gen4s and currently a 21SF. The grip is comfortable for me but I still think an M&P .45 is probably more ergonomic for a wider variety of people. This is why there has been kind of a cult following type thing where a bunch of folks want Glock to make a 10 round single or near single stack .45, even if it doesn't really make sense.

-Mike

Yes, I have owned 2 different G21Gen4s and currently a 21SF. The grip is comfortable for me but I still think an M&P .45 is probably more ergonomic for a wider variety of people. This is why there has been kind of a cult following type thing where a bunch of folks want Glock to make a 10 round single or near single stack .45, even if it doesn't really make sense.

-Mike

The G30SF isn't a bad carry gun. It's a little thick, but not particularly uncarryable. The low profile of this gun makes it a decent IWB carry.

The G30SF isn't a bad carry gun. It's a little thick, but not particularly uncarryable. The low profile of this gun makes it a decent IWB carry.

I know, I've had one of those and I have a G30Gen4. I wouldn't buy the mystical single stack .45 either, don't see the point, just mentioning that there are some weirdos that harp about it.

-Mike

-Mike

Have you shot a gen 4 large frame glock?

I don't recall noticing it was any larger than my M&P. Although I have not compared them side by side.

Don

OK, I did a little searching, here are some numbers and URLs to match them up:

G21 gen4:
http://www.gunblast.com/Glock-21DE.htm

Slide Width: 1.12"
Max Grip Width: 1.25"
Frame Width: 1.15"
Max Width: 1.26
Trigger Reach SA: 2.86"

M&P FS 45:
(Note: This is a comparison of the older gen G21s to the M&P 45, I'll post both numbers but these aren't gen4 numbers.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_M&P

M&P FS 45
Trigger Reach: 2.716
Grip Circumference: 5.552 to 5.594
Grip Frame Thickness (Max): 1.190 to 1.321
Grip Frame Thickness (Min): 1.082
Slide Thickness: 1.082

G21 (non-gen4)
Trigger Reach: 2.936
Grip Circumference: 5.818 to 6.286
Grip Frame Thickness (Max): 1.284
Grip Frame Thickness (Min): 1.262
Slide Thickness: 1.125

From Official Glock website:
https://us.glock.com/products/model/g21gen4
(pretty useless info for this discussion)

I have a 29SF, which has the same dimensions as the 30 but is a 10mm. I also have a 27 and 22, which are in .40. I find the 29 to be a very thick gun for carry. Personally, I find it too thick for IWB and when I choose to carry that gun, go for an OWB holster and a good cover garment. [this may be a matter perception or preference] The 27, on the other hand, is much easier to IWB than I expected it to be when I bought it. I have also IWB-ed the 22 a few times. The grip length is borderline, but the 22 is more doable than I expected it to be.

-Mike

I wear an XL glove and the G 21 is almost too thick in the handle for me. It's my favorite gun, but it is BIG. I haven't ever handled the SF model, but I would like to give one a try.

I wear an XL glove and the G 21 is almost too thick in the handle for me. It's my favorite gun, but it is BIG. I haven't ever handled the SF model, but I would like to give one a try.

The SF/Gen4 is WAY more manageable than the regular G21 is... the regular G21 grip is ****ing huge. It's surprising how much difference a couple of mm makes.

-Mike

I seem have the opposite problem that others have with the Glock frames. My G30S has the thinner slide and short frame, which makes it more comfortable for IWB carry, but my G30 fits my hand better with the slightly larger grip. As a result, I can't decide which one I want to sell.

I seem have the opposite problem that others have with the Glock frames. My G30S has the thinner slide and short frame, which makes it more comfortable for IWB carry, but my G30 fits my hand better with the slightly larger grip. As a result, I can't decide which one I want to sell.

Is it a Gen4 30S? then why not just put a backstrap on it? (and make it the same thing).

-Mike

That 14 round mag is ridiculous. Its interesting that Glock gets 13 rounds into a standard sized grip.

Don

-Mike

I carry a G21 with the 13 round mag, I really do think the difference is the width of the grip, she sure is a wide girl. I believe the M&P is a little slimmer/more ergonomic hence why the mag has to extend a bit to get the same capacity.

If you're looking for something a little smaller the G30S is a nice option. The slimmer slide width really makes a difference for concealed carry.

Last edited:
No, not a Gen4, so I'm going to try a Hogue rubber grip that I use on my Gen4 G23.

Those things work, but honestly instead of a grip sleeve thing I'd probably try to go with a piece of bicycle inner tube instead. You can determine how much of the grip you want to cover and cut it to the exact size you want.

-Mike

MIT police carry the M&P .45 also. I'm surprised more local departments aren't going to 9mm with lots of federal agencies switching and showing decent data on why they switched back.

One of the Staties that comes to my office told me the MP5SD's they have at Logan are two round burst, and everyone carries the 45. The STOP guys (SWAT) get to take suppressors home, everyone else has to leave their stuff at work.

I'd be interested in that G30S if you're selling it....

My niece is a bomb tech/bomb dog handler for the T and she started out with the Sig 229 years ago. After the situation the T had with the M&P she and everyone else was issued the Sig 227. The T simply prefers the Sig.

Being an armorer for the M&P I agree it is a tank of a weapon. I can shoot it well and fast but prefer the GLOCK for its magazine capacity, less parts and durability. I'm not a fan of the M&P trigger either. What I do like about it is that you can use the 9mm/.40 holster with the .45 so training with a 9mm in your duty holster is a major advantage.

Back
Top Bottom