• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interview/Moon Island

I went for my interview at BPD last week on the 25th, I made the appointment in January the day after I took the safety course. The was the soonest one they had. I scheduled the MI for the May 1st, which was the first one they had that wasn’t booked.
Went yesterday, was pretty low key, and I did really well.
Now I wait. Cop said 12 weeks, interviewing officer said it would be 4 months.
Now I wait.

3-4 months is about right... I would start looking into clubs now, so you can get shooting as soon as the LTC comes.

I did a practice session at BGRA, wow what a bunch of great guys. Totally what I wanted in a training and took much of the stress away.
They’re pretty local to me, I think I’d possibly like to join there.

People at BGRA are great and super friendly, and they always seem to have free lanes. My only complaint about them was their lead-free change in Feb.

I’d also wouldn’t mind looking at MVGC, but I’m not on board with some of their politics.

I’ve also started looking at guns again.
I’m also pretty close BGRA, but joined Weymouth and am thinking about also joining Braintree... the lead free is a big issue for me, about 3x the price of the 9mm I get via Target Sport USA... and no .22 at all.

Yeah I totally forgot about the lead free thing. There were a lot of duds when I went for practice. I live in Boston proper and I hate the traffic. If I went to Weymouth, South Bay traffic blows. Granted I’d be going mid day but still

Yeah I totally forgot about the lead free thing. There were a lot of duds when I went for practice. I live in Boston proper and I hate the traffic. If I went to Weymouth, South Bay traffic blows. Granted I’d be going mid day but still
Well for me Weymouth and Braintree are about 16 minutes away, both are open 24/7 to members.

I’m guessing with no traffic Weymouth would be close to a half hour, not terrible. I’m assuming there is a ton of parking? Not much for parking in Dorchester, which is kind of a drag

Back
Top Bottom