Interview Process

I'm a little concerned by that statement. I didn't run a CORI on myself because I knew I was spotless. Is there something you though may show up? If so, there's a good chance it will show up on the MIRCS check but not on a CORI.

No..

I did the "CORI" on myself before I planned on applying for my LTC-A. I ran it to see if anyone had stolen my ID and committed crimes in my name. I have no criminal record.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know.. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry I brought it up..

- - - Updated - - -

At my previous job we interviewed a lot of people. No LEO positions but I think the #1 piece of advise is leave your phone in the car. Anyone whose phone went of on an interview I was conducting was done as far as I was concerned. Shows a lack of common sense.

Common sense.. Thanks

I've interviewed candidates at work, the biggest turn off is awkward silence. Sometimes well stop talking just to see if the candidate will start the conversation up again. After 60 seconds of silence we thank them for their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the job in sales? Otherwise that just seems mean. Introverts can be awesome workers.

I've interviewed candidates at work, the biggest turn off is awkward silence. Sometimes well stop talking just to see if the candidate will start the conversation up again. After 60 seconds of silence we thank them for their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find the opposite true - strong, self reliant people can give a clear concise (2-3 minute) response to "tell me about yourself" but will sit there emotionless through an "awkward" silence.

Inability to handle silence is not normally seen as a strength.

Back
Top Bottom