Iran web sites seized

There are news reports of the feds seizing multiple Iranian web domains that were being used to spread "false information". Hmm.... I think China does the same to protect its citizens from unapproved viewpoints.

I'm guessing these sites were fashioned for American audiences. It'd be interesting to check out what they're touting out of curiosity.

Idk, website was in .com domain so it's fair game, but unfortunately they can do this with NES or any other website for any reason.

I'm not terribly impressed with governments trying to control the flow of information on the internet, nor with governments "protecting people from themselves."

This smacks of both.
You need to take this more seriously. Did you not see the landing page the US .gov put up? It has the SEALS of at least 2 federal agencies on it! Serious. Business.

You need to take this more seriously. Did you not see the landing page the US .gov put up? It has the SEALS of at least 2 federal agencies on it! Serious. Business.

Why do you assume I'm not taking it seriously? Because I don't believe in being shrill?

That post is, I think, inauthentic. Look at the clarity difference between the arabic writing and the SEALS. I'm not convinced that screenshot is real. But I'm entirely convinced our .gov is on a path toward doing exactly this sort of thing, if they haven't already.

It'll backfire. Information ALWAYS gets out, and when the .gov tries to stop it, it gets out even faster.

Why do you assume I'm not taking it seriously? Because I don't believe in being shrill?

That post is, I think, inauthentic. Look at the clarity difference between the arabic writing and the SEALS. I'm not convinced that screenshot is real. But I'm entirely convinced our .gov is on a path toward doing exactly this sort of thing, if they haven't already.

It'll backfire. Information ALWAYS gets out, and when the .gov tries to stop it, it gets out even faster.

How dare you imply that someone on NES has posted a potentially fake image/video?

How dare you imply that someone on NES has posted a potentially fake image/video?

Lol.

The image is what it is, but I've never heard of "alalamtv.net" before and I have no idea what it's supposed to look like.

Back
Top Bottom