• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a firearm locked in vehicle legal on school property?

roccoracer

NES Member
Reading title 13 section 4004 it says that a person who posses a deadly weapon on school property with the intent to cause harm can be imprisoned or fined. It separates school grounds from buildings and buses by adding with th Le intent to cause harm.
If I have a pistol locked in my personal vehicle while conducting business at a school am I violating this law? As I read it I am not, could someone with experience confirm? Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reading title 13 section 4004 it says that a person who posses a deadly weapon on school property with the intent to cause harm can be imprisoned or fined. It separates school grounds from buildings and buses by adding with th Le intent to cause harm.
If I have a pistol locked in my personal vehicle while conducting business at a school am I violating this law? As I read it I am not, could someone with experience confirm? Thank you

Do you intend to cause harm? If not, I think you know the answer to your question. Just remember, VT is NOT MA.

I would like to piggy back on this. (This is in MA)
I have to pick up a good friend up from college. I will not be getting out of the car. Can I have it under my direct control, or even unloaded and locked up?

If it is in MA, then it has no business being discussed here. Take it to the MA area. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom