• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is anyone missing ammo shipped by UPS? CEO says TWO-THIRDS of ammunition deliveries have gone MISSING

Could be an issue with the LOCAL UPS vendor. I've ordered gun parts from a company that offers shipping from all the usual suspects. USPS is always the cheapest, but they have a disclaimer on their order page that recommends not using USPS, as there are issues with their local USPS. Being a skinflint I went with the USPS option and tracking showed it received, but it sat at that location for almost two weeks. 1st class postage. Someone there is a rabid anti, and obviously a Brandon buttsucker.

This guy doesn’t do a lot of volume why is he being interviewed by Glenn Beck?
Because someone needed a story and 18K sounds like a lot to people.

Remember most gun owners live one or two boxes of 20 at a time.

And those that don't own guns think 1K is a sh*t ton of ammo and can't get it through their heads why someone would need all that ammo.

M14CA was having a similar problem. Orders were places and shipped. Went through customs and hit California and someone was tagging the boxes as undeliverable and shipping them back.
I think the return address was Blackfeather not Joe's Guns or something similar.
View attachment 646569View attachment 646570
Sounds familiar. UPS did the same "return to sender" shite with wine shipped from wineries to other states - no explanation. Took several hours on the phone to find out why - paperwork snafu on UPS side.

Patrick Collins, CEO of TheGunFood.com, says he's "lost" thousands of dollars-worth of ammunition. Why? Because customers’ orders don’t always seem to make it to their doors — especially when delivering with UPS. In fact, he says out of 18,000 rounds of ammunition shipped through UPS, only a third were actually delivered. That's a lot of ammo to go missing. So, where is it?

I was expecting a FedEx delivery today. Instead, I received a notice of a delivery exception because no one was home. My wife was home at the time and both doorbells are functioning normally. Nor is it the first time I've had a FedEx Ground delivery person outright lie about a delivery.

I had an order of ammo and ar15 magazines get reboxed and all the ammo and all but 1 magazine put back into a new box, the shipping label carefully cut off and taped into the new box along with the orm-d sticker. Unfortunately I had a pre-signed release with UPS and because of it it wasn't covered by UPS insurance. Luckily it was covered by my credit card company after I supplied all the info. Nothing is pre-signed any more because of that experience.

I was expecting a FedEx delivery today. Instead, I received a notice of a delivery exception because no one was home. My wife was home at the time and both doorbells are functioning normally. Nor is it the first time I've had a FedEx Ground delivery person outright lie about a delivery.
Once upon a time, I was sitting at my desk 12 feet from the front door, with a direct line of sight down the full sidelight to the curb.

Bell rang, I got up, and before I could reach the door Big Brown was pulling away. The tracking said, "Delivery attempted, no answer."

Damn, those dudes are quick.

I also had a case of ammo delivered to the same front door. No signature required, but the driver helpfully "hid" it by putting the welcome mat on top.

This was in the South, where everyone knows the front door is just for pizza and missionaries. FedEx once left a box of rifles (back in my active C&R days) on the picnic table at the end of the driveway. It took me a couple of days to realize that it had been delivered.

Thanks, guys! Some 0000 steel wool and light oil took care of the rust.

Once upon a time, I was sitting at my desk 12 feet from the front door, with a direct line of sight down the full sidelight to the curb.

Bell rang, I got up, and before I could reach the door Big Brown was pulling away. The tracking said, "Delivery attempted, no answer."

Damn, those dudes are quick.

I also had a case of ammo delivered to the same front door. No signature required, but the driver helpfully "hid" it by putting the welcome mat on top.

This was in the South, where everyone knows the front door is just for pizza and missionaries. FedEx once left a box of rifles (back in my active C&R days) on the picnic table at the end of the driveway. It took me a couple of days to realize that it had been delivered.

Thanks, guys! Some 0000 steel wool and light oil took care of the rust.
Last year FedEx returned my BFR after I sent it to the factory to get a new barrel.

FedEx rang the bell and ran away.

I opened the door and the dude was driving away, gun left outside. Signature was required.

It was during "COVID" so maybe that was their BS excuse. Didn't bother to check if I was home.

Imagine if someone stole it and the signature does not match mine. I wonder what would happen to the driver besides just getting fired.

I've never lost anything, but I did almost miss a c&r delivery. I took a day to make sure I was there and was sitting a dozen steps from the door when FedEx knocked. When I opened the door, he had just stepped back into his truck with the rifle. He must've knocked and immediately spun around and jogged down the steps. I said "Hey!?" and when he came back he said "sorry, no one is ever home for these". :rolleyes:

No problems with the last few from TS USA. Didn't see the delivery truck. Not sure who they're using as a vendor.

I've gotten about maybe 300 rounds of 9 mm sent here from Midway to NC via UPS no issues.
I've had several shipments of ammo arrive without any issues. My beef isn't ammo specific; other shipments have "gone walkabout." It's with my FedEx Ground contractor. One time, for example, they claimed to have left a package at my front door, when actually they had left it at my roadside mailbox. The mailbox is about 200' down a hill from me and not visible from my home. On the other hand, it was clearly visible to anyone driving by. Another package spent weeks buried under plowed snow. FedEx Air, on the other hand, is quite reliable for me.

TSUSA added me to an Email chain with UPS.
Great customer service, I Emailed their sales department and they contacted UPS the same day, copied me.

UPS says it will arrive tomorrow. LOL.

My case is not the packaging, we all know TSUSA does a good job. And in the meantime I ordered 2 more times and the ammo arrived.
Box did not arrive. UPS is useless.

I received a Midway order yesterday, with a case of shotshells, without issue.
I did talk to two individuals twice - one time with ups driver and once to god know’s who and all I had to say through my phone is - Put it back !
They both did… Facial expressions were priceless.
Two years ago for both orders.
There we’re no other issues after.

Ordered 5 cases of shells Friday. At the door from UPS with a dog treat on top of the boxes today.

Half are to be donated to my club for youth shooting.

No issues.

I've had several shipments of ammo arrive without any issues. My beef isn't ammo specific; other shipments have "gone walkabout." It's with my FedEx Ground contractor. One time, for example, they claimed to have left a package at my front door, when actually they had left it at my roadside mailbox. The mailbox is about 200' down a hill from me and not visible from my home. On the other hand, it was clearly visible to anyone driving by. Another package spent weeks buried under plowed snow. FedEx Air, on the other hand, is quite reliable for me.
FWIW, I redirected the package to Walgreens and picked it up this afternoon. Half a case of purple lipstick safe and sound.

Ans Fedex delivered 2 orders to a house across the street and 1 order to my house adressed to the house next door...

Ans Fedex delivered 2 orders to a house across the street and 1 order to my house adressed to the house next door...
This is pretty normal. Happened to me up north and continues to happen here in FL. My stuff will go to the neighbors house, etc. Amazon does it the most.

Back
Top Bottom