Is Froglube as good as I've heard?

The hunting and shooting accessory industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. There are no shortage of new gimmics trying to take your money. Sometimes a gimmic is exactly that.

Mobil 1 and call it a day. Gear oil if you really want to go nuts.

I hope not zinc oxide anti seize....

Great for steel on aluminum threads/inserts. I dont condone in a firearm though... Perhaps I'm just living in the dark?

And I always apply a liberal coating of Astroglide when I need to fit my gun in a tight holster. Especially brown leather.

I took delivery on a new Glock several years ago and disassembled it. I found a lubricant at the wear points (frame tabs that locate the slide) that was a dead ringer for "Copper Coat" anti seize compound. Maybe the stuff is OK for firearms.

I live near the ocean, and from what I've seen of the corrosion resistance with froglube, I'll stick to more traditional oil.

I used KY JELLY on my sks it's great stuff,but it took me an hour to get the bayonet to fold down.

Ive had decent results with it. I shoot a ton of .40 lead reloads in my M&P's and I will say clean up is A LOT easier! Have had decent results in my AR and AK, however I don't leave it "dry" to the touch in those guns. I still goop it up a bit on any wear/contact points. Stuff works good for me as a rust preventative on external finishes. Seems to turn to like a waxy feel, which isn't a big deal for me. I just wipe whichever one I take out down with a micro fiber towel. Now my M1A, that gets ol fashioned grease, no frog goo goes near that...

just think about how much friction is going on in an engine. this is why i use mobile 1. even when i'm done shooting and i pull it apart the all the contact points are still lubed, plus it's easy to do a few drops at the range as needed.

If it takes more than four hours, see a gunsmith.

[rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

The hunting and shooting accessory industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. There are no shortage of new gimmics trying to take your money. Sometimes a gimmic is exactly that.

Mobil 1 and call it a day. Gear oil if you really want to go nuts.

Any particular weight?

just think about how much friction is going on in an engine. this is why i use mobile 1. even when i'm done shooting and i pull it apart the all the contact points are still lubed, plus it's easy to do a few drops at the range as needed.

Good point. Does it matter which weight I use?

I just use hoppes gun oil that came in a pack with hoppes #9. Never had a problem. Whenever I buy a cleaning kit I'll use whatever no name shit oil that comes with it and never had a problem with that either. Can't see any reason why any motor oil or small engine oil like 3 in 1 wouldn't work just as well.

I am not a fan of it. Just pulled the bolt out of an AR I haven't fired in about 2 months. Gummed up pretty good. Had to do a thorough clean job and relube with something else.

I am not a fan of it. Just pulled the bolt out of an AR I haven't fired in about 2 months. Gummed up pretty good. Had to do a thorough clean job and relube with something else.

So from what I understand, that's supposed to happen and as soon as you start using the firearm, the lube melts again to help with cleaning. It shouldn't really be "gummed" up as the pieces should still move freely.

So from what I understand, that's supposed to happen and as soon as you start using the firearm, the lube melts again to help with cleaning. It shouldn't really be "gummed" up as the pieces should still move freely.

This. And there shouldn't be much left on your gun anyway. After the gun cools, you're supposed to wipe off all the extra frog lube on the part. All of my parts feel pretty much dry, with the exception of the inside of the bolt carrier which needs a little bit of wetness to seal properly against the seals on the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I frog lubed my sr9 that was flawless, some of it got in the stricker channel and gummed it up so bad it wouldn't shoot, after leaving another gun with it for 3 months it gumed it up .

Gotta keep it out of the channel, like any other lube. If you detail strip your gun it will clean up just fine.

I use it on the slides of my 1911 only. Once the supply that was given to me by the company to "try " I wont be buying it. Just MO.

Gotta keep it out of the channel, like any other lube. If you detail strip your gun it will clean up just fine.

bad deal. clp won't gum up. any regular oil wont gum up. it seems like too much of a process to work correctly and too much of a gimmick (with the accompanying $$$) for me to buy instead of something proven like superlube, tetra grease, CLP, RemOil, MilComm, etc.

bad deal. clp won't gum up. any regular oil wont gum up. it seems like too much of a process to work correctly and too much of a gimmick (with the accompanying $$$) for me to buy instead of something proven like superlube, tetra grease, CLP, RemOil, MilComm, etc.

Yea. Total gimmick until you end up with cancer of the shaft.

My gun runs fine on it, it smells nice,... Doesn't gum up on me and I bet I shoot way less often than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom