• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is Mass Obstructing Online Knife Purchases??

So I've been looking at some cheap EDC knives to keep around because I always lose them. So I have my amazon cart filled with about 9-10 different cheapo knives and I'm doing a final review on each item I intend to purchase. Then I notice this... (I highlighted the language in blue on the right)
It says "This item cannot be shipped to your selected location".

What the absolute F### is going on here? Its a goddam 3" pocket Knife.

upload_2018-7-5_9-26-21.png

AFAIK, that's just Amazon's policy. They are obsessed with playing it safe and if they lose a few bucks because their algorithims catch completely legal items, so be it. They make enough money to not care if peons in MA cant order knives from them. They are playing it safe and showing their shareholders that they are "doing something" about something.

Massachusetts, where EVERYTHING is illegal (except being illegal)... ;)

IMO, this is why some PRM residents have to have friends in free states to get some things. Even though those items are 100% legal in the PRM, it's just easier to get them brought in via a free state. Mostly because Maura has managed to scare enough resellers/vendors into NOT shipping into the PRM. Never mind how what she's doing is [most likely] illegal in itself.

Weird. I have ordered a bunch of knives from Amazon without an issue, but I looked up that knife and saw the same thing. I also looked up the knife I more recently bought and it'll ship. Maybe Kershaw is the problem.

i've found that if the product is sold and shipped from an amazon center they won't ship. you have to find an independent seller and if you don't know, there will be a click bar that says something like "5 more offered from...." there you'll find other sellers and prices independent of amazon only too happy to ship here. hope i'm not violating any secrets with this.

I have purchased a lot of knives from Amazon in the past. I just checked my orders and the ones I purchased previously are not eligible for shipment to MA.

It's just amazon's BS, go on fleabay or other knife vendors and get whatever you want.

-Mike

I feel safer already.

Bezos needs to change his name to Bozos. I'll be glad when he crashes and burns. Musk will beat him to the punch, but it will be sweet.

I'm starting to check Walmart whenever I buy something. Over $35 they have free two day shipping. Your knife is available for the same price.

I just had an auto knife shipped to MA just over a month ago (not through Amazon though).
No issues, no special ID’s needed.

It might be your shipping address. We ordered dog treats (larger package). They would not ship to our post office box. We had to list the physical address for the shipper. I also had to order a few internal parts for a rifle, and they would not ship to the PO Box - had to use the "street address" (which were then shipped to the PO Box anyway, because of our forwarding).

Retarded, of course, since our mailbox was around the corner on a main road, and was hit by a snow plow and then finished off by a car. We forward everything to a PO Box (from the street address). 90% of items still get delivered to the PO Box (even with the street address on the package) since Amazon etc. uses a UPS/FedEx "smartpost" type shipping.

....... "This item cannot be shipped to your selected location".
What the absolute F### is going on here? Its a goddam 3" pocket Knife.

This monkey business started about the same time as Amazon started charging us sales tax.
Once amazon had to start singling out PRM subjects for extra taxes, it was easy to give us other special treatments.

Solution: I had to spend a few extra bucks on Ebay to get the same products but worth it because MASS. Of course now I'm probably being watched by 15 ABC agencies because I went hog wild and bought like 15 knives between ebay and Amazon.

If the knife is advertised as having some kind of spring assisted opening, they seem to flag it as cannot ship.
I don't know if that's a MA law, or just Amazon's policy.

Anything Amazon flags as an spring assisted knife they won't ship to MA. I was told this by a third party seller when I contacted them to see what was going on a few months ago. They said a lot of their knives are flagged incorrectly but it's Amazon, not the third party.

I've had no problems with other kinds of knives lately, though.

I have purchased a lot of knives from Amazon in the past. I just checked my orders and the ones I purchased previously are not eligible for shipment to MA.

Same. They will no longer ship me a Kershaw I bought a few years ago. Bunch of jerkwads.

AFAIK, that's just Amazon's policy. They are obsessed with playing it safe and if they lose a few bucks because their algorithims catch completely legal items, so be it. They make enough money to not care if peons in MA cant order knives from them. They are playing it safe and showing their shareholders that they are "doing something" about something.

Maybe just policy or see my comment below.

Massachusetts, where EVERYTHING is illegal (except being illegal)... ;)

IMO, this is why some PRM residents have to have friends in free states to get some things. Even though those items are 100% legal in the PRM, it's just easier to get them brought in via a free state. Mostly because Maura has managed to scare enough resellers/vendors into NOT shipping into the PRM. Never mind how what she's doing is [most likely] illegal in itself.

I recall when Harshbarger went after the mail-order ammo dealers that his office also ordered knives and added that to the threat of lawsuits. MA bans anyone <18 yo from buying knives and IIRC the AG ran a sting whereby he claimed that underage kids ordered knives etc.

i've found that if the product is sold and shipped from an amazon center they won't ship. you have to find an independent seller and if you don't know, there will be a click bar that says something like "5 more offered from...." there you'll find other sellers and prices independent of amazon only too happy to ship here. hope i'm not violating any secrets with this.

I ordered a Kershaw Leek from Azn in 2016, shipped no problem (now listed as banned to MA). I also ordered OC a few times in 2016, but from Azn Marketplace vendors with no problems.

I also ordered OC a few times in 2016, but from Azn Marketplace vendors with no problems.

I just did a quick search on Amazon for "mace" about half of the items that come up couldn't be shipped to me here in MA. The ones that couldn't be shipped, were from Amazon. Independent vendors seemed to be OK.

I guess, I'll just have to go to NH to buy my stun guns, knives, and other self defense items.

I just did a quick search on Amazon for "mace" about half of the items that come up couldn't be shipped to me here in MA. The ones that couldn't be shipped, were from Amazon. Independent vendors seemed to be OK.

I guess, I'll just have to go to NH to buy my stun guns, knives, and other self defense items.
Might as well make a booze run while you are up there.

Back
Top Bottom