Is Mass Obstructing Online Knife Purchases??

Maybe its Time to move to NH, where all knives, including autos = are completely legal to order online.

;-)

You can order autos online here too. It’s just Amazon being overly cautious.
Blade HQ and GPKnives will ship autos, double blades and OTF knives no problem. It’s all legal to own here in the PRM, just not legal to carry.

Edit: to clear up people saying spring assisted is a no go here, it depends on deployment. I carried a Kershaw Blur for the better part of a decade with no issue.
Massachusetts Knife Law - Knife Up

Last edited:
If it has a spring assisted opening mechanism it is no-go in Mass. I've ordered four knives through Amazon within the past 6 weeks without an issue. One with a 5.5" blade.

Three of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0RSVQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and
one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1I9LGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both are excellent knives.

HMMM. This is not a "spring assisted" knife but it is still not shipped to MA.

If it has a spring assisted opening mechanism it is no-go in Mass. I've ordered four knives through Amazon within the past 6 weeks without an issue. One with a 5.5" blade.

Three of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0RSVQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and
one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1I9LGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both are excellent knives.

Oh, also in Mass you can't have a purple knife. Go figure.

Update; 2 of my eBay sellers contacted me after purchase to say they cannot ship the knives I ordered to me. They sent refunds but this is rediculous.

I just had an auto knife shipped to MA just over a month ago (not through Amazon though).
No issues, no special ID’s needed.

Auto knives are NOT illegal in MA. They are illegal to CARRY in MA.

This monkey business started about the same time as Amazon started charging us sales tax.
Once amazon had to start singling out PRM subjects for extra taxes, it was easy to give us other special treatments.

AMZN started charging sales tax in MA a loooong time ago. Because it's the law. Once they had an office in MA (with all our tech sector, how could you NOT assume they'd open an office here?), they are legally required to collect sales tax.

I bought this on amazon last week with no issues

View attachment 239148

Concealed means concealed. ;)

Maybe its Time to move to NH, where all knives, including autos = are completely legal to order online.

;-)

Wait til Amazon decides "no more knives to the Northeast" or "no more knives" or "let's ban X because Bozos is a bozos."

Amazon is weird. They wont even ship airsoft BB’s to MA. Figure that out.

Choking hazard. ;)

Remember the Buckyballs incident a few years ago. Somehow "illegal" to have little spherical rare earth magnets because kids could swallow them. OK???? Completely stupid. I still have my pre-ban Buckyballs.

That's my line! LOL

Auto knives are NOT illegal in MA. They are illegal to CARRY in MA.

I’m aware, thank you. My point was that some sellers or knife company’s will only sell to those who provide some type of .mil or local/fed gov ID’s during the purchase process. Others do not.

I believe with a Class A LTC you can carry anything that is legal to own in Mass. Am I wrong?

I believe with a Class A LTC you can carry anything that is legal to own in Mass. Am I wrong?

I’ve also read that you can cary autos or really anything with a class A LTC in MA. I don’t know that you’re wrong, but you’d have to prove
You’re right and carry the proof around JIC. The link I posted above states just that. I also couldn’t find that in the actual laws because, guess what?? They’re vague as all get out! What a surprise?!?
I wouldn’t risk it though.

When you say "Auto" knives, you are referring to those with a spring-assisted open? Yes?

When I hear auto, I think push button or Out the front. Spring assist is just that, you have to push on the blade to get it started, then a tensioned spring assists with the opening, think Kershaw Blur, leek and, well, most of the Kershaw lineup at this point. An auto, is a knife with a button or switch that is pushed on the handle to activate the blade opening(firing)or even closing like a Microtech OTF.

I’m aware, thank you. My point was that some sellers or knife company’s will only sell to those who provide some type of .mil or local/fed gov ID’s during the purchase process. Others do not.

I know. I just get frosted that dealers don’t realize it. I mean, five minutes online, sell more knives.

When you say "Auto" knives, you are referring to those with a spring-assisted open? Yes?

No. Press a button, blade flies out to the open position.

LTCs have NOTHING to do with any other item other than a gun!

Claymores for everyone!

This is interesting, did some more research and found a BladeForums thread that actually refers an old NES thread. Suffice to say, I’d keep the autos home, with or without the LTC A, but you can draw your own conclusions.
MA Knife carrying laws with LTC-A

There have been discussions on here before.

No conclusions to draw = Auto knives are illegal to carry in MA period , with or without a Class A LTC.

There have been discussions on here before.

No conclusions to draw = Auto knives are illegal to carry in MA period , with or without a Class A LTC.
Unless under 1.5” I believe. Same with double edged knives.

You can usually get whatever you want on amazon, but it’s gotten a little harder recently. I was looking for a stun gun and a pellet gun not long ago and couldn’t find a good seller. Granted it was just one evening.

Bumping an old thread:
I had forgot about this stupid Amazon policy and put an inexpensive Kershaw pocket knife on my wishlist for stocking stuffer stuff. Wife told me this morning "Amazon won't let me order that knife you wanted because they won't ship it to MA". I went into a hissy fit about it and she goes "It's too early for your rants on how MA sucks." Hahaha. F*ck it I'll buy it myself on Ebay.

If the knife is advertised as having some kind of spring assisted opening, they seem to flag it as cannot ship.
I don't know if that's a MA law, or just Amazon's policy.
Just happened to me 2 weeks ago. Off eBay not Amazon. First order went through then they said can’t ship and they sent a refund with apology. 2nd attempt new vendor no problem.

Bumping an old thread:
I had forgot about this stupid Amazon policy and put an inexpensive Kershaw pocket knife on my wishlist for stocking stuffer stuff. Wife told me this morning "Amazon won't let me order that knife you wanted because they won't ship it to MA". I went into a hissy fit about it and she goes "It's too early for your rants on how MA sucks." Hahaha. F*ck it I'll buy it myself on Ebay.

Too funny.

But you know, we're sometimes our own worst enemy. There was an ad here on NES for a slide for a G34 that I was interested in. But the buyer had two conditions, face to face and he would only sell it to someone with an LTC-A. And I'm looking at that and going "what?". I understand face to face, sort of. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping. But - LTC-A for a slide? It's NOT a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom