• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is Mass Obstructing Online Knife Purchases??

I bought plenty of kershaws from amazon, their policy changed in the past year and they went full on "omg knives, MA has cooties" mode.

-Mike

Too funny.

But you know, we're sometimes our own worst enemy. There was an ad here on NES for a slide for a G34 that I was interested in. But the buyer had two conditions, face to face and he would only sell it to someone with an LTC-A. And I'm looking at that and going "what?". I understand face to face, sort of. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping. But - LTC-A for a slide? It's NOT a firearm.

The overlords have everybody running scared. Think it was about 10 yrs ago I went to Waltham Police Supply to pick up some 1911 mags. Guy said I need a Class A LTC to buy mags now and I started laughing thinking he was busting my balls or just being a dick because the cop was sitting next to him. Sounded crazy (even more so due to his $52.00 a piece for Wilson Combat mags). FTP I won’t go back there.

Next week I went up to Sig and bought a bunch of them for 32.00 each, no questions asked.

I can imagine the British version of the NES Classifieds;

“ZOMG! IN London! Kershaws 2013 pocket folder in 440C with original plastic handle slabs!!! Get them before the Queen comes!!!! $600.00 each!!”

I can imagine the British version of the NES Classifieds;

“ZOMG! IN London! Kershaws 2013 pocket folder in 440C with original plastic handle slabs!!! Get them before the Queen comes!!!! $600.00 each!!”

One of the guys from my local club here, that I shoot with sometimes, is the "Sales Manager / Instructor" for a "Firearm Sales and Training" facility here. I was in his shop one day picking up something or other and saw a bunch of auto knives in a counter display. Said something about them, and he was like "of course you can buy and carry them - this is Georgia".

I'm so used to Connecticut laws, and traveling through New England and the Mid-Atlantic states. Auto knives are illegal - unless you're a "special person". Owen was laughing at me.

So now I have a Benchmade auto knife to go along with the classic switchblade my brother smuggled back from Germany some 20 years ago.

One of the guys from my local club here, that I shoot with sometimes, is the "Sales Manager / Instructor" for a "Firearm Sales and Training" facility here. I was in his shop one day picking up something or other and saw a bunch of auto knives in a counter display. Said something about them, and he was like "of course you can buy and carry them - this is Georgia".

I'm so used to Connecticut laws, and traveling through New England and the Mid-Atlantic states. Auto knives are illegal - unless you're a "special person". Owen was laughing at me.

So now I have a Benchmade auto knife to go along with the classic switchblade my brother smuggled back from Germany some 20 years ago.

I hear ya, and it is retarded to think that a knife that opens with a spring vs a finger flip is somehow more dangerous. It’s ludicrous (and not in the rapper way).

They’re still imagining the old mafia movies of holding it against someone’s back and flipping the switch for “a silent kill” type of scene. The stupidity involved in their thinking is beyond comprehension.

Personally, auto knives are a novelty to me, way overpriced and never carried because they’re just not reliable, they’re safe queeens for the rich. I’ll take a good folder or small fixed blade anyday for half the price and 100% reliability.

For the record anybody that does want one around here can just take an hour drive to NH and there are stores full of them for sale right next to the pot pipes and incense, no paperwork needed.

What someone needs to do is open an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) complaint with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts stating that assisted-opening knifes make it possible for the user to open a folding knife with a disability...

I'm sick of Mass's shit...

What someone needs to do is open an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) complaint with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts stating that assisted-opening knifes make it possible for the user to open a folding knife with a disability...

I'm sick of Mass's shit...

That’s already written in the law if I’m not mistaken Matt, for example if you only have one arm, you’d be allowed by law to carry an auto knife, something like that.

I qualify. I have a chronic charliehorse...

I had bought the same cheap Kershaw knife (stainless steel "Volt"; a $25 knife) on ebay last year sometime and I liked it a lot until the spring broke. I used that knife hard and for $20something its worth it to just buy another. I'll be buying it on ebay regardless, but WTF Amazon! pansies.

I had bought the same cheap Kershaw knife (stainless steel "Volt"; a $25 knife) on ebay last year sometime and I liked it a lot until the spring broke. I used that knife hard and for $20something its worth it to just buy another. I'll be buying it on ebay regardless, but WTF Amazon! pansies.

Call Kershaw, they will send you plenty of springs for free! Easy to change out as long as your handles aren’t pinned.
I have a 13 year old SpeedSafe Blur on it’s 4th spring.

Edit- believe the actual name for it is a torsion spring.

Call Kershaw, they will send you plenty of springs for free! Easy to change out as long as your handles aren’t pinned.
I have a 13 year old SpeedSafe Blur on it’s 4th spring.

Edit- believe the actual name for it is a torsion spring.
I have speedsafe that’s been sent back them 4 times at no charge but that’s a nice $80 U.S. knife. The Volt is cheapo China and not serviced. I checked.
I took the knife apart and the spring is so simple. Maybe someone makes an aftermarket replacement but probably not, such a cheap knife. Good quality for the money though.

I have speedsafe that’s been sent back them 4 times at no charge but that’s a nice $80 U.S. knife. The Volt is cheapo China and not serviced. I checked.
I took the knife apart and the spring is so simple. Maybe someone makes an aftermarket replacement but probably not, such a cheap knife. Good quality for the money though.

Hmmm, I suppose at $25 you can call it quits after four years. I thought maybe they’d send you a spring to replace yourself. However, if it’s a China knife, I can see them just saying “No, go but another cheap Kershaw at $25 for four years”

I hear ya, and it is retarded to think that a knife that opens with a spring vs a finger flip is somehow more dangerous. It’s ludicrous (and not in the rapper way).

They’re still imagining the old mafia movies of holding it against someone’s back and flipping the switch for “a silent kill” type of scene. The stupidity involved in their thinking is beyond comprehension.

Personally, auto knives are a novelty to me, way overpriced and never carried because they’re just not reliable, they’re safe queeens for the rich. I’ll take a good folder or small fixed blade anyday for half the price and 100% reliability.

For the record anybody that does want one around here can just take an hour drive to NH and there are stores full of them for sale right next to the pot pipes and incense, no paperwork needed.

I carry a Benchmade Stryker daily. It's a Tanto blade, no longer in production, thumb wheel on blade, "assisted". Legal pretty much everywhere, except New York, Boston, etc. I've been carrying a pocket knife since I was a kid, and that's a long time now. The two auto knives I have actually do live in the safe - I take them out and play with them once in a while, but I don't carry them because I'd have to think about how to open them if I needed them. One was a gift, the other was a gift to myself because I like mechanical toys.

Back
Top Bottom