• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is my Dou 45 semi-Krieghsmodel late war or post czk98 model?

Need help to date my Mauser. It has the following: receiver w/mod 98, dou 45, x( Russian captured); take down disk in stock, cupped butt plate; serial # (93XX) on left side of stock; no bayonet lug, no cleaning rod, barrel stamped w/ k98 German 8mm, etc.; front hood sight; German marks on barrel. Looks like a semi-Kriegsmodel, but here's the kicker. It has a large trigger guard. It has no access to let ammo out from bottom. Is this then a late war model or a post cz 45-50 k98 model? Read though that cz k98 reinstalled bayonets and cleaning rods to post dou 45 models. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Probably should have posted this in the Milsurp section...

That's a post war Czech trigger guard. You could replace it with a late German K98 trigger guard. Sounds like from your description you need a floor plate and maybe a follower. Not to familiar with the Czech "winter guard" setup. Maybe post some more pics of the receiver top and action and underneath with the trigger guard.

Russian captures are usually mixed parts and not much matching. All the RC treatments I assume you are already aware of. Typical shooter and not much collectible. Did they scrub the German eagle stamps? Is there a letter next to the serial number (a,b,c, etc) on the barreled receiver?

Brunn made good Mausers.

Thanks! Didn't realize there was a Milsurp section. Moved it.....Thanks for help.:) If get more pix, will load under new thread.

Back
Top Bottom