Is that dreaded Shotgun loading stopping you from trying 3 gun???

Jesse,
have you tried the AP custom carriers? If you have, what are you thoughts on them?

Yes I have. They are the nicest made parts available and they are the fastest to load two out of. Here is a video I did on the L2/4 and L2/6.

I have a set of the QL/8 sitting on my bench ready to be fondled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing is with all of these new loading devices. I still can't pick one that is head and shoulders above the others. I recommend buying 2-3 of your favorites and try them for yourself. I am always surprised that things I find good others dislike and vice versa. personal preferences I guess. The cool thing about al of them is that you can sell all of them really fast with minimal price mark down on just about any competition shooting forum right now.

Only if he is on crutches!!!
Yes, I spent some cash on the new stuff including carriers but my old ones were cheap/homemade jobs.
You should see the outakes from my practice session, when quads go bad they go way bad, best to just throw them down and grab the next set!
I'm sure you will get to see me fumble some reloads at the shotgun match!
David E.

Hi David I'm getting a Beretta 1301 next week and I'm gearing up to do some 3 gun or shot gun matches with it. I'd be intrested in the modifications you did, chokes and quad carriers. I was going to build some as I've some much money on guns. Where do you shoot in CT? also were do you typically shoot in NE, does not sound like there is much 3 gun up here.

thx

Thanks for the advice I'm not ready to travel that far yet... I shoot compeditive pistol and I have shot skeet and trap for fun but never rifle. I'm also a member of enos forum. Thanks for the advice on the choke. the dealer told me the 1301 comes with a full choke. I also have to figure out the loading, starting with weak or stong hand dual or quad. I'm going to NB for a couple of events Mass state IDPA, shot gun and 3 gun. I also know some guys in NH that may run some outlaw 3 gun. BTW where is Topton MA?

I'm a member of Harvard Sportsman Club and Leominster Rod and Gun.

Thanks for the advice I'm not ready to travel that far yet... I shoot compeditive pistol and I have shot skeet and trap for fun but never rifle. I'm also a member of enos forum. Thanks for the advice on the choke. the dealer told me the 1301 comes with a full choke. I also have to figure out the loading, starting with weak or stong hand dual or quad. I'm going to NB for a couple of events Mass state IDPA, shot gun and 3 gun. I also know some guys in NH that may run some outlaw 3 gun. BTW where is Topton MA?

I'm a member of Harvard Sportsman Club and Leominster Rod and Gun.

The Topton club is about 20 miles west of Allentown, Pa. They run 3 gun or long gun matches monthly. As for loading, it's good to be able to load both weak hand and dual, or quad.

The gun in the original post is a Benelli M2 modified for racing by Accurate Iron.

The mag tube is an old style Nordic Components that I had anodized red at a local shop.

Back
Top Bottom