Is there a way to filter out certain posts?

the_shootist

Banned
I like to come here and click on New Posts to see what's new on all the forums. Every once in a while I get what I like to call 'vendor blasts'. A vendor will post dozens of items in their vendor area. It's usually the same things over and over.

Now, I don't begrudge these folks from peddling their wares here. They have that right, have probably paid a fee to do it and I will fight to the death for them to keep that right.

My question is...

Is there a way to filter those type of posts from view? I seem to remember someone posting that somewhere here.

If not, I won't cry in my Cheerios, just asking if there are options within the site tools.

I like to come here and click on New Posts to see what's new on all the forums. Every once in a while I get what I like to call 'vendor blasts'. A vendor will post dozens of items in their vendor area. It's usually the same things over and over.

Now, I don't begrudge these folks from peddling their wares here. They have that right, have probably paid a fee to do it and I will fight to the death for them to keep that right.

My question is...

Is there a way to filter those type of posts from view? I seem to remember someone posting that somewhere here.

If not, I won't cry in my Cheerios, just asking if there are options within the site tools.

are you suggesting those vendors are....site tools? [rolleyes]

tools or trolls?

Btw, I foresee this thread going off the rails in 3,2,1

If it does that will be very telling. I'm simply trying to shield myself from spamming. I don't begrudge anyone from advertising however; I reserve the right to do what I can to shield myself from it. Does anyone here not do that?

I agree there should be some type of restrictions placed on the quantity of the posts from any specific vendor in a 24hr period. I also fully understand that they pay extra to add their ads but there is a very fine line between advertising and spam. I do the same as the OP, go to new posts, when you run in to a vendor that has just blasted out 3 dozen ads it's a nuisance. To me it certainly doesn't make me want to buy anything from them. Just my 2 cents....

If I'm not looking for anything and the WTS posts are heavy in the new posts, I just make a side trip to the NES Classifieds, and mark posts there as read.
No big deal.

... beat out again ...

My question is...

AFAIK, go to Settings, and look on the left hand side for "Edit ignore list".

Perhaps I'm missing something...

I only have an option to mark ALL forums read, not just the Classified section

2ae2b203391a107a05df4ad3ac3d19ae.jpg

See the drop down menu

Thanks for the thread, and for the responses. I also want to see new posts, but when I miss a couple of days, the dealer classifieds can make up half or more of the 500 post limit, so I miss threads.

lol.... just lol.... rofl... oh no, someone posted a WTS ad and I can't simply scroll past it... the worlds gonna end...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom