Is this a high points retarded cousin?

Same factory, research indicates ownership/ffl changed vs time and thats why the guns changed slightly. It's still sintered feces surrounding a steel barrel.

I will give shit point credit though at least they snuffed out an entire underclass of guns. 🤣 you don't see any new brycos or lorcins floating around. I wonder if Jimenez is still even in business.

You know when gun shows are ridiculously priced in NC (or anywhere) when you find a table selling used highpoints over $100 or other assorted cheap guns.
I would say the absolute minimum cheap gun one would want would be the Taurus G2 series, one version is striker fired, one is DA/SA if I had to choose between that and a Highpoint.

Same factory, research indicates ownership/ffl changed vs time and thats why the guns changed slightly. It's still sintered feces surrounding a steel barrel.

I will give shit point credit though at least they snuffed out an entire underclass of guns. 🤣 you don't see any new brycos or lorcins floating around. I wonder if Jimenez is still even in business.
They were, but lawyers sued them into bankruptcy and then the ATF revoked their license after they tried to re-organize. Status of it is up in the air.

Phoenix Arms appears to be the sole survivor and for good reason, their .22 pistol is worth more than the $150 they sell for. I'm actually thinking about getting their .25 because there's nothing close to it in price that's as good. All the Beretta, Colt, and Browning .25's go for over 400 bucks now.

View: https://youtu.be/ch5l3vIyP-A

They were, but lawyers sued them into bankruptcy and then the ATF revoked their license after they tried to re-organize. Status of it is up in the air.

Phoenix Arms appears to be the sole survivor and for good reason, their .22 pistol is worth more than the $150 they sell for. I'm actually thinking about getting their .25 because there's nothing close to it in price that's as good. All the Beretta, Colt, and Browning .25's go for over 400 bucks now.

Why would you want to buy a gun where the box of ammo is worth more than the gun is? 25 ACP is useless. I guess differentt strokes and all that. Hopefully you get what you are looking for. I can't buy negative value guns. (these guns are worthless as soon as they cross the counter) I already have a davis 38 derringer in my safe and thats bad enough, and I paid exactly $0.00 for it. [rofl]

You know when gun shows are ridiculously priced in NC (or anywhere) when you find a table selling used highpoints over $100 or other assorted cheap guns.
I would say the absolute minimum cheap gun one would want would be the Taurus G2 series, one version is striker fired, one is DA/SA if I had to choose between that and a Highpoint.
Meh, I've seen used .40 Hi Points behind the counter or LGS for $210 pre Covid. Last gun show I went to was before Covid at the Concord ice arena and after I saw the $1200 Ruger Old Army and $300 rusty Iver Johnson top breaks I decided to never go again.

When I can go to the Cabelas and Shooter's and get what I was looking for for less, zero reason to bother paying whatever the entry fee is now these days.

Why would you want to buy a gun where the box of ammo is worth more than the gun is? 25 ACP is useless. I guess differentt strokes and all that. Hopefully you get what you are looking for. I can't buy negative value guns. (these guns are worthless as soon as they cross the counter) I already have a davis 38 derringer in my safe and thats bad enough, and I paid exactly $0.00 for it. [rofl]
Well, I have the .22 so I figure may as well get the .25 before inflation rockets the price of them to over $200, but the main reason I've been considering it is mom's not getting younger and a low recoil, easy to rack pistol in .25 is better than a .380 she can't shoot.

Figure I'll buy it, make the modifications to remove the stupid safeties, and make that a Christmas present this year.

Well, I have the .22 so I figure may as well get the .25 before inflation rockets the price of them to over $200, but the main reason I've been considering it is mom's not getting younger and a low recoil, easy to rack pistol in .25 is better than a .380 she can't shoot.

Figure I'll buy it, make the modifications to remove the stupid safeties, and make that a Christmas present this year.
Save a little more and get her one of the Beretta tip-bbl designs so she never has to rack a slide again. ;)

Save a little more and get her one of the Beretta tip-bbl designs so she never has to rack a slide again. ;)
She would beat me within an inch of my life for spending that kind of money.

If I was going to buy a tip up, my plan was to go with the .32 and I may still get one in the future, but for now I figure the .25 will do.

Meh, I've seen used .40 Hi Points behind the counter or LGS for $210 pre Covid. Last gun show I went to was before Covid at the Concord ice arena and after I saw the $1200 Ruger Old Army and $300 rusty Iver Johnson top breaks I decided to never go again.

When I can go to the Cabelas and Shooter's and get what I was looking for for less, zero reason to bother paying whatever the entry fee is now these days.
I find gun shows best for ammo, old holsters (I'm into K frames and S&W 3rd gens) and other miscellaneous gun related items.
What is saddening is at NC gun shows no beef jerky guy.

I’d buy a 40 before I bought a 25!!

Back
Top Bottom