• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this place full of sh!t or not

I have no law to cite, but every green card (the immigration document, not the MG permit) holder I've ever run a NICS check on has gotten a delay, and its been more than a few.

This is true in my experience also. My FFL told me the same.

Also, it seems obvious it was a delay and your friend was confused.

Why would a dealer want to delay a paying customer? The answer, they would not.

Last edited:
This is true in my experience also. My FFL told me the same.

Also, it seems obvious it was a delay and your friend was confused.

Why would a dealer want to delay a paying customer? The answer, they would not.

Idk he's kinda dumb and was pretty adamant so I figured I'd ask. I honestly forgot he wasn't born here until I started this thread. But that was probably it

Idk he's kinda dumb and was pretty adamant so I figured I'd ask. I honestly forgot he wasn't born here until I started this thread. But that was probably it

"he's kinda dumb" - good thing he's helping run your networks, not anything critical to your infrastructure...

There are days I look at some of our staff and wonder who ties their shoes for them.
I figure some of them probably ask the same question about me.

AT has contracts with gun mfrs as a LE distributor/dealer only. They decided a few years ago NOT to sign contracts to sell guns other than the LE-priced, LE guns. It is a corporate thing, they are out of PA with ~5 stores in various locations. So yes, if he's not LEO he won't be buying any guns at AT. They sell ammo and supplies to anyone however.
The decision (to go LE-only) was made by its new owner when the company was abruptly sold to Safariland. I have refused to buy anything Safariland ever since. [thinking] Screw them.

Police are civilians too [pot]
As I understand it, the "LE-only" gun sales policy of Atlantic is pretty liberal in regard to who they can sell to. Perhaps the subject shopper did qualify by being a member of the Air Force Reserve (if I understood that point correctly). [thinking]

The decision (to go LE-only) was made by its new owner when the company was abruptly sold to Safariland. I have refused to buy anything Safariland ever since. [thinking] Screw them.

As I understand it, the "LE-only" gun sales policy of Atlantic is pretty liberal in regard to who they can sell to. Perhaps the subject shopper did qualify by being a member of the Air Force Reserve (if I understood that point correctly). [thinking]

In Free America, LE pricing usually extends to EMS, FF, LE, MIL, etc. whether active or retired. It's MGL that prevents that extension in MA.

Prior to the sale of the company, everyone that walked into AT got LE pricing on what was MA-legal to sell regardless if they qualified or not. I'm sure that their mfrs objected to this as it did undercut the normal dealer/distributor sales. That may have been behind part of the decision . . . plus carrying multiple SKUs with multiple pricing is a high overhead venture.

In Free America, LE pricing usually extends to EMS, FF, LE, MIL, etc. whether active or retired. It's MGL that prevents that extension in MA.
Not sure I am following you on this Len. Would an Air Force Reserve member (if that's what this shopper was) qualify for LE pricing or not? [thinking] What would the MGL's have to do with it?

Not sure I am following you on this Len. Would an Air Force Reserve member (if that's what this shopper was) qualify for LE pricing or not? [thinking] What would the MGL's have to do with it?

My guess it's the definition of LEO.. How broad? Is it's city and state police only or does that include University police? Or what about active military? etc..

This should answer your question. It's Glock's program but most follow the same guidelines.

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

BUT due to MGL on the EOPS List and AG Regs, only LEOs (not the other categories) qualify in MA. Free America benefits greatly from these programs.

So it was the blue label place he can't buy a glock and I'm suspecting it was because he's an immigrant. Well citizen but not natural born

So it was the blue label place he can't buy a glock and I'm suspecting it was because he's an immigrant. Well citizen but not natural born

Huh? Never heard of someone (in MA) that is legitimate LEO being turned down due to immigrant citizen status. That's not how the blue label programs work.

One must be qualified and due to MGLs and AG BS, in MA it is ONLY LEOs and nobody else.

This thread is making my head spin. [laugh]

First he was a Dominican (legal green card) immigrant... then he was born in the USA, making him a US citizen... and he holds a MA LTC for a month now... and he is a member of the Air Force Reserve... and he wanted a Ruger... so he went to Atlantic Tactical (a cop shop, presumably looking for LE pricing due to MIL status)... and he was told there would be a 3-day delay... and now we are talking about a Glock (and the MA AG's regs re: Glocks for cops only) for some reason. [thinking] Quite a mystery! [laugh]

If he did go to Atlantic and got a 3-day delay, it had to be a NICS delay, right? Atlantic would not have told him 3-day delay if: a) he didn't qualify for any gun there at all or, b) he wanted a Glock instead of a Ruger and the MIL status didn't matter due to MA AG's rules.

So he must have qualified with Atlantic for a non-Glock purchase (probably the Ruger) but he got a 3-day NICS delay, very possibly due to having a common name. [hmmm]

End to the mystery? [laugh] Or is there more to come. [crying]

Last edited:
Huh? Never heard of someone (in MA) that is legitimate LEO being turned down due to immigrant citizen status. That's not how the blue label programs work.

One must be qualified and due to MGLs and AG BS, in MA it is ONLY LEOs and nobody else.

Maybe being clear there are two separate issues here would help

Even in MA the blue label pricing is available to military, firefighters, etc. Glock does not care about MA law. The issue is what can a dealer legally sell to. Active LEO are exempt from the AW, magazine capacity and the AG regulations. This means a dealer can sell a new glock (on the EOPS list) to anyone with LEO credentials.

While active military is ELIGIBLE for blue label pricing, no MA dealer can legally sell a Glock to them with risking their license and a fine.

Remember also that Glock is the special case. It is on the EOPS list but the AG has decided it is an unsafe consumer practice to sell to the unwashed because of the defective loaded chamber indicator. I am unaware of any other gun on the EOPS list that the AG has unapproved.

LEOs are exempt from the AG crap but not the EOPS list rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Atlantic cuz no peasants so it must be the shop that won't let you bring your kids in. How does he stay in business? propane must pay the bills.

The only shop I am aware of in Westwood is Atlantic on University Ave. The shop that won't let you bring the kids I believe is in Norwood.

... he went to Atlantic Tactical (a cop shop, presumably looking for LE pricing due to MIL status)... and he was told there would be a 3-day delay... and now we are talking about a Glock (and the MA AG's regs re: Glocks for cops only) for some reason. [thinking]

... Atlantic would not have told him 3-day delay if: a) he didn't qualify for any gun there at all or, b) he wanted a Glock instead of a Ruger and the MIL status didn't matter due to MA AG's rules.

OK, let me see:
1) There is special POLICE PRICING, but it is also available to MILITARY (ex military too? ex police?)
2) POLICE can get Glocks that normal people cannot?

... Even in MA the blue label pricing is available to military, firefighters, etc. Glock does not care about MA law. The issue is what can a dealer legally sell to. Active LEO are exempt from the AW, magazine capacity and the AG regulations. This means a dealer can sell a new glock (on the EOPS list) to anyone with LEO credentials.

While active military is ELIGIBLE for blue label pricing, no MA dealer can legally sell a Glock to them with risking their license and a fine.

Remember also that Glock is the special case. It is on the EOPS list but the AG has decided it is an unsafe consumer practice to sell to the unwashed because of the defective loaded chamber indicator. I am unaware of any other gun on the EOPS list that the AG has unapproved.

LEOs are exempt from the AG crap but not the EOPS list rules.

3) "Blue label pricing" is a thing?
4) Active POLICE are exempt from magazine and AG regulations? Does this also include MILITARY? (see 1, above)

No. Individual shops may require it but not the law. A copy of their ID is all that is required.

5) Who's ID? POLICE? MILITARY? BOTH?

OK, let me see:
1) There is special POLICE PRICING, but it is also available to MILITARY (ex military too? ex police?)
2) POLICE can get Glocks that normal people cannot?

3) "Blue label pricing" is a thing?
4) Active POLICE are exempt from magazine and AG regulations? Does this also include MILITARY? (see 1, above)

5) Who's ID? POLICE? MILITARY? BOTH?

Police only. The rest don’t have exemptions under MA Law

I suggest that you read the AG CMR. I thought so too.

I had the attorney for DCJIS in my shop a little over a month ago. She was very clear that a photocopy of the police Id was all the proof I needed to retain to sell an on list gun to police and that police were exempt from all AG regulations.

Reading the AG CMR becomes interesting in light of the guidance that police are exempt from any AG rules/regs

I had the attorney for DCJIS in my shop a little over a month ago. She was very clear that a photocopy of the police Id was all the proof I needed to retain to sell an on list gun to police and that police were exempt from all AG regulations.

Reading the AG CMR becomes interesting in light of the guidance that police are exempt from any AG rules/regs

The AG came down hard on one dealer in Worcester over the letter issue. When AT told me about that requirement, I went and read the AG CMR again (had last read it years ago) and indeed it does require documentation from the PD that it is STRICTLY for duty use.

Back
Top Bottom