Is this setup compliant in MA

That was my concern thanks ... Just werid how I have a pump action shotgun with a piston grip and adjustable stock that I bought a week ago and it's compliant I guess it's the mossberg 500 scorpion

If there is a beyonet lug I'm Ganna dremel it off their stupid anyways. Still waiting to get it in the mail

That was my concern thanks ... Just werid how I have a pump action shotgun with a piston grip and adjustable stock that I bought a week ago and it's compliant I guess it's the mossberg 500 scorpion

Rifles:
(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/157704-MA-Assault-Weapons-Ban-quot-AWB-quot-FAQ

Last edited:

It is because the shotgun is pump action, not semi-auto.

Rifles:
(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/157704-MA-Assault-Weapons-Ban-quot-AWB-quot-FAQ

So so since it only has a pistol grip and adjustable stock am I good or do I still need to pin it ? It is semi auto it is a 10/22 afterall

So so since it only has a pistol grip and adjustable stock am I good or do I still need to pin it ? It is semi auto it is a 10/22 afterall

I wonder if you could put a magpul fixed carbine stock on it? Dont pin it if you dont have to.

A fixed stock is a fixed stock so yes it would comply. You would just need to be sure if the "buffer tube" on that stock is commercial or mil-spec to make sure you get the right one.

Also this shouldn't be an issue seeing how I was legally aloud to buy the ruger 10/22 and have a mag no longer than 10 rounds is it legal for me to have to stock on my ruger 10/22 with an FID ? If not that's complete bullshit.

Is it legal?

From Mass MGL

''Large capacity weapon'', any firearm, rifle or shotgun: (i) that is semiautomatic with a fixed large capacity feeding device; (ii) that is semiautomatic and capable of accepting, or readily modifiable to accept, any detachable large capacity feeding device; (iii) that employs a rotating cylinder capable of accepting more than ten rounds of ammunition in a rifle or firearm and more than five shotgun shells in the case of a shotgun or firearm; or (iv) that is an assault weapon. The term ''large capacity weapon'' shall be a secondary designation and shall apply to a weapon in addition to its primary designation as a firearm, rifle or shotgun and shall not include: (i) any weapon that was manufactured in or prior to the year 1899; (ii) any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that is a single-shot weapon; (iv) any weapon that has been modified so as to render it permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a large capacity weapon; or (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable large capacity weapon.

So a 10/22 is a large capacity firearm since it does accept 100rd mags and you should not be able to purchase/own on an FID.

With all the evil features there is no difference between a 10/22 and an AR15. They are both semi auto, both accept detachable high capacity mags, both can have pistol grips, threaded barrels, adjustable stocks, both are 22 cal.

Back
Top Bottom